2nd Trimester
Options

Backpain/pressure around 16 weeks?

Hey guys.I am wondering if anyone else has had lower back pain and abdominal pressure around 16 weeks.  The back pain started a couple days ago and has gotten progressively worse-its actually working its way up my back too. I  chalked it up to sleeping funny but now I kind of feel just a tiny bit crampy.I think I'll call my doc in the morning, but was curious if anyone has any insight in the mean time. Thanks 
accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran

Re: Backpain/pressure around 16 weeks?

• Options
    Yes.  I started having back pain around then too, and read that it's completely normal because your weight is shifting and your ligaments are looser.
  • Options
    Right on.  Thanks!  I just needed to hear its nothing to worry about, to get me through tonight.
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine started last week. I haven't been sleeping either because my hips hurt when I lay on one side or the other too long. I called my Dr yesterday and they told me that it was normal and to take hot baths or regular tylenol. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageluckyangel:
    Right on.  Thanks!  I just needed to hear its nothing to worry about, to get me through tonight.

Yeah, I was worried about it at first too, but after a few days of back pain, I got an email from What to expect when you're expecting's website telling me it was normal and why.  Smile

• Options

I could've written your post!

I've been having the exact same aches and pains over the last couple days. My lower back is really achy (I'm laying on a heating pad right now), my hips hurt, and I'm slightly crampy--but more just an uncomfortable, stretchy feeling than cramping.

I've been attributing it to the fact that my belly has *really* grown this week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do!  After going for a run yesterday my tail bone area was really bothering me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi ladies!

I had bad back pain around 12 or 13 weeks, and now it has turned into mostly R. Hip pain/ Sciatica.  Fabulous... What's helped me so far is not bending over for stuff, and using proper body mechanics.  Also, I've started sleeping with a body pillow, even though my belly isn't huge yet, but that's helped tremendously. I think it allows your hips to rest when sleeping on your side, so not one side is strained over the other.  Hope this helps!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have noticed my tailbone is hurting a lot lately after sitting a while.  I injured it about seven years ago and it healed, so don't know if this is flaring that up or if it's new from the extra weight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"