High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD and growth ultrasounds

I know every doctor is different but for those of you who have GD how many growth ultrasounds did you have and when? Just curious, TIA.

Re: GD and growth ultrasounds

• Options
    Mine started at 28 weeks and are suppose to be bi-weekly. (it seems like a lot but I was diagnosed with GD since 8 weeks and I have had a history of pre term labor so they are keeping a close eye on the baby)
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 28 weeks, and starting on Thursday, I will have a BPP weekly, with a growth scan every 4 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lujainlujain member
    I just get one at 37 weeks, and my OB will recommend a c-section if the baby is over 9 pounds.  My GD is controlled by exercise and diet, though.  I think I might get more ultrasounds if I were on insulin.
  • Options

I have a bpp every week and a growth US every 3 weeks.  My next one is at 36 weeks.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have mine today! I'm so excited to see him!

Since I'm only on diet regulation alone, they said that I will get one today and may not get another one unless they feel it to be necessary.

• Options
    I get one at every appointment, which turns out to be every 2-3 weeks between both my regular ob and my high-risk ob. ?Although my sugars were very controlled up until the last time, the baby was measuring an entire week ahead of schedule. ?We'll see what happens when I go for my next appointment on Friday.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't get any. They ultrasounds because my placenta previa. Dr. said since I have my sugar levels under control with my diet there is no need for growth scans.
  • Options
    I have only had one at 33 weeks since my belly is measuring so small. I am only diet controlled so I don't know if I get another one since I am doing so well according to my doc. I do hope I have another just to see how big the baby is, at 33 weeks the baby was 5 pounds 1 ounce.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had one at 29 weeks when I was first diagnosed and then had another one this week at 36 weeks to make a determination on when they might induce.  I am controlled by diet and exercise - have really good numbers - but she is still big. Sad  At 36 weeks she was measuring at about 7.5 lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have an ultrasound and NST done every week. Every other week they do a longer ultrasound where they take all her measurements.
  • Options
    I was diagonosed with GD at 6weeks pregnant. I get ultrasounds every 4 week since then, and at 28 weeks it will be biweekly until I deliver.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't get any...Dr. said they don't treat me any different than a normal pregnancy unless my sugar levels are out of control.  
  • Options
    I had one today (at 36 weeks).  It is unlikely that I will have another one. 
  • Options

The standard at my OB is that at 32 weeks they do bi-weekly ultrasounds (BST's) - they literally take 5-10 minutes and that is It!

I will get a growth ultrasound again at 34 weeks (this week!) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"