Multiples
Options

so SICK of people telling me they hope the babies come early

....or that I must want them to come early! Am I beyond uncomfortable in my 32nd week of pregnancy? Hell yes! But that does not mean I want my babies to come early!! It feels like everyone I talk to says "well, 35 weeks would be good" Are you kidding? I just want to roll my eyes and wish I had some witty comeback but all it does is make me mad. How selfish do these people think I am that I would rather have my own comfort than the health of full-term babies.

Thanks for listening...vent over!

Re: so SICK of people telling me they hope the babies come early

• Options
    It sucks that people are so stupid and don't even know it!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    It irritated me to no end.  My coworkers kept telling me I wasn't coming back to work after Memorial Day but I worked till june 5 and the boys were born on the 9th.  They don't realize what they are saying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree - and have been getting this too.  Regardless of my post below (where I *feel* like they're coming sooner than later), I know what's best for them.  

And I'm super uncomfortable too...each day I'm just a tad more uncomfortable than I was before.  This is going to be a long 6 (minimum) weeks!  :)

• Options

I feel like people don't realize how many issues babies can have if they are born early, I mean every day that they can stay cooking is better for them. 

• Options
    OMG! I could have written this myself!  I hear you loud and clear....every day I get a co-worker to a family member to a stranger telling me something along these lines and it drives me crazy.  Twins or multiples does not equal tiny weights and really early deliveries and extreme dis-comfort with summer heat!  I had 1 baby 4 yrs ago and so far I am just as comfortable (or uncomfortable) in this heat as I was with her!! 
  • Options
    I hear you. I was telling my husband this morning that tomorrow I should get a free pass to go to every drugstore, grocerystore, bank, deli, post office ... where people have been telling me since the end of March, after I respond that I am due in the end of June and pregnant with twins, "Oh, there is no way you will still be pregnant then you are SO BIG," and give them all the finger. Sadly, I don't have the energy any more. But thinking about it makes me smile.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have had the same comments.  Yes, I would like them to come early if it meant they would be perfectly healthy and I would get some pain relief but we all know that is not the case.  My OB did say I should expect to see them no later than 36 weeks. 

What scares me is that I have had the same dream for months that my water breaks on the 4th of July just as my dad finishes his fireworks display at the family dock.  In the dream we flash forward to a year later and all my family is around on the 4th at our annual BBQ and everyone is singing Happy Birthday to the girls.  If I can just get past the 4th with no incident then I will feel alot better!

• Options

Ugh - yeah. I especially hate that I get this from my own mother! She keeps telling me, can't you just schedule them to be born on this date... it's so and so's birthday."

I don't know how many times I have told her that if the boys want to stay in there one more day, then they will get to stay in one more day. I don't care who's birthday it is. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This attitude angers me sooo much.  I see it a lot on the tri boards w/other pregnant women.  We had to use the jaws of life to keep my son from being too early (we did an amnio at 36 wks and he was still not ready so that last week was a nail biter).

I hope everyday we make it to a fabulous 37 wks with these little babies!  Nothing beats a healthy baby Smile

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    that's funny b/c DH had the same problem with his coworkers- every Monday when he'd come in to work they'd all look at him like "YOU ARE STILL HERE?  She hasn't had the babies yet????" - from like 30 weeks on - WTF???  It was like they WANTED us to have preemies!! 
  • Options
    Ugh, my coworkers used to drive me crazy with that.  I would tell them my due date and they would say "Oh you won't go that long."  I told them that it's possible and they would look at me like I didn't know what I was talking about.  I had them at 38 weeks so it is possible.  But why would you tell someone that they will definitely have preemies.   I would never say that to anyone singleton or twins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"