2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else have this?

The doctor told me the reason I am not feeling the baby move is because the placenta is on top of him which is blocking any feeling I may have until he gets bigger.

Re: Anyone else have this?

• Options
    I just had lunch with a friend yesterday that told me she has this. 

• Options

Sounds like you have an anterior placenta, possibly. The placenta is in the front behind your stomach, and then the baby. 

It just takes longer because your LO has to be able to kick through all the normal stuff plus the placenta. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta with DS, I didn't feel him until 20 weeks and then just barely
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

hooray, a question! FINALLY something different from you.

oh ... wait. nvm.

• Options

I have this.  It's called an anterior placenta.  I think mine is in the front but close to the top.  So for awhile I was only feeling the baby when he was really down low.  Now that he's bigger and stronger I'm feeling him all the time everywhere.

I was feeling flutters down low around 20 weeks, strong kicks around 22.  But I've heard that people with this may not feel anything until around 24 weeks depending on the exact position of the placenta. 

• Options
    I am almost 23 weeks and have not felt a thing.
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta but I've been feeling her steadily since 18 weeks.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    No, no one has ever had that in the history of womankind.
  • Options
    I was very worried at my 19 week appointment because I hadn't felt her move at all yet.  The ultrasound technician explained that I have an anterior placenta.  This means the placents is on the front of my uterus (belly side) vs. the back.  This means it's been acting like a shock absorber to all her movement.  She said the baby would have to have stronger movements than the typical flutters before I would feel her.  A few days later (Thursday) I felt her move for the first time, but they def weren't flutters...more kick like feelings!  I've been feeling her in the mornings and at night since then!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageJenn.J.:
    No, no one has ever had that in the history of womankind.

Yes

• Options
    Its an anterior placenta, my friend had this and didn't feel anything until 26 weeks.  It's not that uncommon, just a bummer that you dont get to feel anything sooner.
  • Options
    I also have an anterior placenta.  I felt the first kick at 23 weeks, 2 days. People had been freaking me out for weeks b/c I hadn't felt the baby move yet.  However, it will happen and it will be a whole lot more than a flutter.  The very first time I felt this LO inside of me was when he/she kicked so hard it moved my belly. 
  • Options
    I have this and am just now feeling her move daily.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"