Eco-Friendly Family

K's birth story is going to be on a website...

That will be linked in the September issue of Mothering.  My PP doula's homebirth for her twins is featured and they will be listing her website so she wanted a C-Section birth story.  She knew mine so when I offered it to her she said she would be honored.

I cried C&P it to her.  I didn't even read it this time and I still am sitting her bawling like a baby.Crying

I am glad that it might help someone...but I am hurting because I will never get the homebirth I dreamed of.

Re: K's birth story is going to be on a website...

• yeah and ::hugs::

Left HugRight Hug 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • but you have your beautiful baby and that's all that matters! i'm sorry you're sad :(
  • Loading the player...
  • imageK-K-K-Katie:
    but you have your beautiful baby and that's all that matters! i'm sorry you're sad :(

Yes and no.  Yes I am overjoyed to have a beautiful baby girl who I love with all my heart.  But that doesn't make what happened to me during my birth okay.  I was treated horribly and I still have night mares.  That's not okay...and I will never be okay with it.  

But I am trying to take what happened to me and turn it into a way to help other women who might have had similar experiences.  And maybe my story will help other women prevent them having happen what happened to me.

• imageHippinski:

imageK-K-K-Katie:
    but you have your beautiful baby and that's all that matters! i'm sorry you're sad :(

Yes and no.  Yes I am overjoyed to have a beautiful baby girl who I love with all my heart.  But that doesn't make what happened to me during my birth okay.  I was treated horribly and I still have night mares.  That's not okay...and I will never be okay with it.  

But I am trying to take what happened to me and turn it into a way to help other women who might have had similar experiences.  And maybe my story will help other women prevent them having happen what happened to me.

oh my goodness i am SO sorry to hear that, it sounds like was just awful.  i didn't have the best delivery experience, but sounds nowhere near what you went through.  i hope you are able to come to peace with it somehow and can say goodbye to the nightmares... and yes, it will undoubtedly help other women, it's very brave and kind you to share such a painful story!

• thank you.  i was trying to think if I read it before and I started reading and remembered it.  i am so sorry you went through this.  i know there is nothing i can do or say that can change it or make it better.  i worked in the medical field for ever and knew plenty of nurses that had the same "well it's standard procedure" attitude.  I hated it.  it's up to the patient...

you're story will be eye opening for soo many women.  hopefully it will help change things too. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageHippinski:
    Here is a link to my birth story.

wow... thank you for sharing.  i'm so sorry for all you had to endure, you are a very strong woman!!

fwiw - i think hospitals are a very unfriendly place to have a baby.  such a beautiful experience should not happen in a such a cold place... why don't they try to make L&D at hopsitals a nicer experience for women???  it's frustrating.

• imageK-K-K-Katie:

imageHippinski:
    Here is a link to my birth story.

wow... thank you for sharing.  i'm so sorry for all you had to endure, you are a very strong woman!!

fwiw - i think hospitals are a very unfriendly place to have a baby.  such a beautiful experience should not happen in a such a cold place... why don't they try to make L&D at hopsitals a nicer experience for women???  it's frustrating.

The thing is that this hospital is actually known for being very birth friendly.  I had my son there and it was a wonderful experience.  It was calm, healing and amazing.  The L&D floor there is the best in the state.

It is the surgery dept that needs a kick in the ass.  I am not a piece of meat.  I am not just a patient number or a time slot filler.  I am a live, breathing human being and deserve to be treated like one.

• (((hugs)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know I've read your story before, but I shouldn't have opened the link this time.  It's making me cry.  I'm so sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"