2nd Trimester
Options

bumper pads or no bumper pads?

i love the look but don't want the risk so i'm torn....

what are ya'all doin?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bumper pads or no bumper pads?

• Options
    Going with bumper pads....must haves.
  • Options
    Good bumper that ties on nice and tight!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're skipping them just because I'd rather spend my money on something else. So unless I find one I love on clearance we won't be having one.

However, I don't see anything wrong with them as long as they're tied on tight.

• Options
    It's not worth it to me to use traditional bumper pads after what I've heard about suffocation, but I am going to be using the breathable bumpers that they have. Here is a link https://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=breathable%20bumpers&origkw=breathable%20bumpers&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    not taking the risk, they say you should use them so I'm not going to.
  • Options
    I'll be using a bumper pad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageheberte12:
    Going with bumper pads....must haves.
    This...ds woke up screaming with his leg wedged between the crib rails too many times and the bumper pads fixed it. Of course now they are out because he will climb them...but for the newborns, yes we will have bumper pads.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got bumper pads with our bedding set but I don't think we are going to use them at first. We may use them later but not until the baby is quite a bit older, I am thinking at least 6-9 months old. We may never use them but for now no.
  • Options
    imageLitlSara:
    It's not worth it to me to use traditional bumper pads after what I've heard about suffocation, but I am going to be using the breathable bumpers that they have. Here is a link https://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=breathable%20bumpers&origkw=breathable%20bumpers&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1
    This!!!!
  • Options
    Love them, but no. Youll get used to the crib without them. It will give u a peace of mind at night. Trust me!
  • Options
    I plan on using a breathable bumper.  One of my friends sewed a strip of matching fabric along the top of her breathable bumper and it looked really cute.
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    Hells no on the bumper pads!!!  I have read too many things about them being a suffocation hazard.  I am perfectly happy with sacrificing some decor (that LO won't even care about or appreciate) for safety.  I also like the idea that without the bumper, I'll be able to see LO lying in the crib, without having to walk over and peer down.  
  • Options

Baby's safety is more important than looks, hands down. In Canada, they specifically recommend bumper pads not be used.

We registered for mesh bumpers instead.

• Options

imagemjs_pmk:
    I plan on using a breathable bumper.  One of my friends sewed a strip of matching fabric along the top of her breathable bumper and it looked really cute.

that is an awesome idea!  now I'm thinking of doing that....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Without a bumper pad, my children would get their feet stuck in between the slats of the crib.  The other problem we had would be that they would loose their "binky".  Both problems would cause loss of sleep for both me and our baby, but the dangers of the bumper pads outweigh the inconveniences.  So, I found this cool alternative!  Check out this link for the "Cozy Wedge"...I think it sounds like a great idea!  What do you think?

https://www.cozywedge.com
  • Options
    AlilivAliliv member
    I've decided that I don't want my child to be a SIDS statistic, so I will do what is in my power to prevent it - aka no bumper pads.   They are wholly unnecessary and the inconvenience of lost paci's and bumping heads on railings does not out weight the risks for me.  DD#1 - never had a problem with either.
  • Options
    we're not putting baby in a crib- so nope!
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"