2nd Trimester
Options

Fetal heart rate drop?

Im one of those people that ask a million questions at the doctores office but then always think of more that scare the crap out of me later!

At the doc. appointement today the doc.( i finally got to see him!)  told me the baby was at 150. At the beginning of the month it was 160. Is that ok? I read it drops in your 3rd trimester but im only just now in my 2nd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fetal heart rate drop?

• Options
    baby could be sleeping...  that is what i was told with a low hb. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ours was 145, and they said it was great, so I'm sure it's fine. If the number was alarming or worrisome, the doc would have brought it up. They'll bring up important things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has consistently gone down a bit each time. I think that's normal. At 9 weeks it was 180, 12 weeks it was 165, 16 weeks it was 160, and 20 weeks it was 154 bpm. I think it's normal to steadily decline until it reaches a more normal rate. My doc. has said the HB sounds healthy each time I went in, so obviously he wasn't concerned about the decrease. I think you're ok, but call your doc if you are worried!
  • Options
    mine always had a range of around 15-20 beats per minute depending on what time of day, what i was doing, what baby was up to etc.   and during birth it had a huge range based on the stress of the moment
  • Options
    Our baby's hb has gone down a little every appointment.  It was 179 at 8 weeks and down to 140-something at 24 weeks.  My OB isn't concerned. 
  • Options

My babies hr was 148 and we started at 160

• Options
    clojelclojel member

Fetal heart rate usually peaks at around 10 wks, according to everything I've read/been told...and then starts to slow.  The one website I found www.amazingpregnancy.com had an article which said usually around 170 at 10 wks and then drops down towards 140 at week 15.

So...you're numbers are right in range :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"