TTC After a Loss

OMG. Oprah from last week

I DVR Oprah while I am at work and watch it later depending on the topic. I started watching an episode with the description "Advice for busy mothers" thinking it would have organizing or cleaning tips. Turns out it is about a mom who was so busy and distracted on the first day of school (she was a vice principal) that she accidentally left her 2-year-old in the car for 8 HOURS in 100-degree weather while she was at work. OMG this is so devastating. They played the 911 calls from that day and the mom heard her coworkers describing her daughter's physical state for the first time....I just can't imagine. Did anyone else see this??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG. Oprah from last week

• I did not see that but that scares me to dealth!

My ex-BIL (sisters crappy ex) once left my nephew in the car in the summer 1 week after he got out of the NICU, he was born at 28 weeks and was in the NICU for 4 weeks... thank GOD he was ok and the fire dept got there very quickly but I was so glad when my sis ended that marriage because he was a TERRIBLE dad!

• Oh my gosh! How long was your nephew in the car? Thank goodness someone realized he was in there. It is so sad that no one saw this lady's little girl sitting in the car in the parking lot that whole time. It really freaks me out too...it's easy to judge this lady and say "I'd never do that" but I am sure that she never thought she could forget about her child either.

• Loading the player...
  • He was in for 45 min... XBIL went in to visit his friend and didnt want to lug the baby in... then when he got back to the car he realized he locked the keys in the car (but not with the AC running or something smart like that) he didnt want to break a window so he called my sister to bring him a spare key!  Why didnt he break a window or call the FD right away I have no idea.
  • Ummm, a spare key?? Well, it sounds like your sister and her son are definitely much better off without this guy!
  • MUCH! thank you.

Can you believe he didnt want to hurt his car by breaking a window or something! or hello 911!  D-bag!

• Do people get introuble and go to jail for this stuff?  They should.  Or be told to take parenting classes.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    Do people get introuble and go to jail for this stuff?  They should.  Or be told to take parenting classes.

Yes, it depends on the situation and what happens... they normally get charged with child endangerment or neglegence (sp)

• Thats good- I guess...
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    Do people get introuble and go to jail for this stuff?  They should.  Or be told to take parenting classes.

In my opinion, this is really hard.... I would imagine that in most cases, the person is probably punishing themselves more than any court of law ever could.

There was a case similar to this in Washington not too long ago.  A women installed her car seat improperly and her infant died in a car crash.  She ended up being the first person in Washington to get convicted on this type of charge.  The car seat was obviously improperly installed (in the front seat), but it sparked quite a debate about where to draw the line in these type of situations.

• imageLeah&Cole:

imageMrs.EmmaLouise:

In my opinion, this is really hard.... I would imagine that in most cases, the person is probably punishing themselves more than any court of law ever could.

There was a case similar to this in Washington not too long ago.  A women installed her car seat improperly and her infant died in a car crash.  She ended up being the first person in Washington to get convicted on this type of charge.  The car seat was obviously improperly installed (in the front seat), but it sparked quite a debate about where to draw the line in these type of situations.

I agree it depends on the situation. 

There was a lady that left her child in the car while she went into the bar.  When she came out drunk she foound that the baby didnt make it....someone had already called the police and hse is in prison for murder.  To me she deserves what she got.  Other times you can tell it was an accident. 

• **not that she deserved for her baby to die... you  know that.  She deserves to be charged with murder**
  • I saw that Oprah
    It was heartbreaking?
    I don't know how people forget their own child in the car?

Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"