Austin Babies

~*~ Early Weekly PG Check In ~*~

**I will be making a day trip out of town tomorrow, so I went ahead and put this week's Check In together a day early!**

To join or update this list, please post here with your Nestie name, EDD, and prediction of baby's sex, actual sex if you know, or if it's a surprise!

Love and Dust to MrsJEC - hope you are holding your baby by now!
Good luck with your induction tomorrow (7/1), HSartteach!!
Welcome purpletulip, and congrats on your PG!

Question of the week:
Let's talk about pregnancy hormones! What has been your most emotional pregnancy moment so far? Whether it was crying over something that would normally not phase you or getting angry at your DH over something silly - spill it, girls. :)

And as always, how are you feeling today?

MrsJEC - 6/25/09 (boy)
kiarox2002 - 7/2/09 (girl)
HSartteach - 7/9/09 (boy)
heybabe - 7/24/09 (boy)
Jess2056 - 7/30/09 (girl)
Michelleaxo- 8/06/09 (girl)
Smb29 - 8/16/09 (boy)
Kim777- 8/27/09  (twin boys)
Ruby44- 8/28/09 (boy)
CollieJade- 9/01/09 (girl)
MrsBeckO - 9/01/09 (girl)
Cristina<3Whit - 9/06/09 (boy)
PurpleTulip - 9/8/09 (boy)
BLONDIE6FT -            (girl)
Rssnlvr - 9/14/09 (girl)
Emmy2779 - 9/19/09 (girl)
jessheath - 10/2/09  (girl)
MrsRegis -          (girl)
DecSundaybride -
Mrs. A.J. Martins - 10/3/09
Anna_T - 10/05/09
Devon&Paul - 10/23/09 (boy)
Michelle&Russ - 10/25/09 (boy)
lilrunner -
Mcgee - 11/07/09 (boy)
EMTX - 11/17/09 (boy)
colleenor - 11/25/09 (guess is boy)
Rach03k - 12/1/09 (guess is girl)
amy&dane - 12/6/09
Taytee - 12/20/09
dallasteacher - 12/24/09
ACR - 12/25/09
ablou - 1/6/10 (guess is girl)
s-a-r-a-h - 1/11/10
Kristen0709 - 1/16/10
ebat - 1/16/10
Deltadee -
misjenn -
KSandAE2008 - 1/28/10

Here are the current standings: Team Blue: 13 Team Pink: 10 Team Green: 0

Re: ~*~ Early Weekly PG Check In ~*~

• Well, I am feeling tired today, which I suppose is good as I feel it will be hard to get sleep tonight...I tend not to be able to sleep well the night before a big day.  I am looking forward to meeting my new baby.

As for QOTW:  I haven't had that many emotional days...I got mad a lot (and my students can attest to it that I got more mad than usual at them), but otherwise only 2 big things come to mind.

One is when I received my schedule of classes for next year from my principal.  She had taken away an upper level class and given it to the other art teacher.  I was very upset.  I thought I had done something wrong.  I hate to sound conceeded, but I am the better teacher (not cooler in the kids eyes--but have their interests and their learning more in mind than the other teacher).  I was upset all day--so much that I had to have another teacher come in and watch my class.  I finally got to talk to principal and she said some lame excuse about 3 preps...new baby...blah, blah, blah.  I told her I had already been planning for the classes and 3 preps was no big deal.  She then switched a class between me and other teacher and all was good.  I am sure that if I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't have been that emotional about it--pissed yes, but crying like that...no way.

The other time was recently and I am sure that the pg only heightened my feelings of guilt (even thought I know it was for the best of our family.)  About 2 weeks ago we had to put one of our dogs down and I was a wreck.  I still hate to see my other dog so sad and lonely looking, but we had to think of the baby and his well being.

Change of subject.  Hope everyone is doing well this week and good luck to kiarox2002 this week.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • QOTW:  Ohhh, there have been lots of pg hormone flare-ups!  There was the time I got SO MAD at DH for I can't even remember what (he probably said something idiotic) and I threw something at him (I missed and it landed in the dishwasher).  I've never been mad enough to throw anything before.  Then there was the time where I cried my eyes out for like an hour and I don't remember what that was about.  Most recently, I cried myself to sleep a couple of weeks ago because I was so stressed out about choosing paint colors for our house.  Then there are the countless times I have ripped someone a new @$$hole for being stupid - like when some lady came up to do some work at church while I was working there (during the whole swine flu craze) and was bitching about being sick, and I just turned at her and said rudely, "Why are you even here?  Go HOME for goodness sake.  I'm pregnant and I do NOT need to catch whatever minor crap you have and put myself further at risk during a flu outbreak!"  Pregnancy makes me an angry person.  I have no problem telling other people where to stick it.

Updates:  Getting uncomfortable.  I am so short-waisted that there is no room left and I can't really bend over at all or even slouch while sitting anymore.  The digestive problems are really getting to me, but not much can be done until after I deliver.  I'm really hoping that things don't keep getting progressively more and more uncomfortable.  I can deal with this for the next 8 weeks and then deal with a week of super discomfort, but I don't think I'll be able to stand a gradual worsening!!  Looking forward to my shower and maternity pics.

• Loading the player...
  • Updates: My m/s is getting worse. I'm hoping it will get better soon, as I'm approaching the end of the first tri. We have our NT scan on Thursday, so I'm excited about seeing E.T. again. We're telling my family this weekend and I still have no idea how I'm gonna do it.

QOTW: IMO, I actually haven't been that emotional during this pregnancy. I got upset a couple of weeks ago when I didn't win an e-Bay auction because someone literally came in at the last second and outbid me, but I think that would have pissed me off even if I wasn't pregnant. (And I realize being mad at this person is completely pointless and ridiculous since I've done the same thing, but damnit, I really wanted those Bella Bands.)

• QOTW: No terrible angry feelings, but I can cry at the drop of a hat. I had a slight meltdown this past weekend and cried for several hours. I can't even begin to tell you the last time that happened. My husband thinks I'm nuts! Big Smile

Updates: Besides the lower back pain yesterday the only real symptom I have is extreme hunger. Of course I am freaking out over the lack of symptoms...that is what anxiety does to you! Just taking it one day at a time.

• Congrats to Mrs.JEC! 

QOTW: I can't think of one particular moment where I just really lost it over something minor.  I'm definitely more weepy - pretty much since I've hit 3rd tri I want to cry everyday over something, but it hasn't resulted in any big public meltdowns or scenes that you guys would find entertaining.

Update: Physical therapy is helping, but my sciatic is still killing me.  It makes this last six weeks seem endless.  The baby is moving and wiggling lots, but so far (fingers crossed) not too many kicks in the ribs or other pains.

• QOTW:  Early on, I yelled at DH for not washing "triple-washed and ready to eat" lettuce. haha Mostly it's been nothing specific for me. There have been a couple of weepy phases where I've been easy-to-cry about everything--feeling overwhelmed, feeling behind, work, finances, DH constantly hanging out with his brother, etc. But then it goes away about a week later. Poor DH has had to stay on his toes and figure out "which wife" will be responding to him. LOL

Updates: We've had a really good stretch of productivity lately! Showers are all scheduled, registries are mostly done, nursery is coming together. Had a great appt. yesterday--baby girl is still measuring big and ahead. Also got to schedule all our remaining appointments--wow!

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Congrats to MrsJEC!
    Good luck HSartteach!

qotw: I have been super emotional (much more than normal) about leaving DD at day care lately. I guess I feel like the next couple of months is the last time *ever* that I'll have just her ... and it kind of makes me sad. I hope she adjusts well to having a sibling. 

I have gestational diabetes and have to test my blood sugar 4x/day and keep on a strict diet. I also have to walk daily, which is tough - tough to find the time and tough physically! But I'm doing ok with all of it. I'm feeling ok in general - just huge. It's getting harder and harder to pick up 20 lb. DD, which I have to do often since she is crawling and cruising and into everything!! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats JEC and GL to HSartteach.

QOTW: Here in the last couple weeks I have been an emotional basketcase. I can go from happy and cheerful to weepy or fuming mad in no time flat. My most recent weepy episode was coming home from Houston after spending 10 days with my sister and newborn nephew, I broke down crying just packing my stuff, cried at least the first hour and a half of the drive home, and went so far as to ask my husband if he thought our marriage would work long distance if I moved to Houston. I would have still been sad about leaving if I weren't PG and hypersensitive, but it certainly wouldn't have been so difficult! My most recent angry episode was directed at DH (of course) last Friday and I swear I lost. my. mind. It was about him not staying in town a little later than planned to help me get new tires for my car and I went BSC -- I mean, screaming, stomping, slamming doors, making threats kind of CRAZY. He ended up sticking around and helping me like he should have to begin with, but holy heck.. I was not myself and it scared even me!?

Update: We have officially hit the single digit weekly countdown (insert weepy moment here!) and it is making me a bit antsy. We have picked up momentum on the nursery progress again but I still feel like we have a lot to do. My belly is growing at alarming rates these days, but I have actually been enjoying it! Well, enjoying the different fetal movements and watching my belly dance... not so much enjoying the added weight to carry around and how far away the floor feels these days!?

• Congratulations to Mrs.JEC!

QOTW: A few weeks ago DH and I had a terrible fight (he really was being a big time butthead) and I went off the deep end crying (sobbing actually) so much that I had to leave work and threatened to move out and live with my parents. Overreact much? Yes. Embarrassed  It takes a lot to make me cry, but once I do, it is like a waterfall!

Update: I have my GBS test this afternoon. I am looking forward to this appointment since it is the first internal and I am really hoping she says that I may go into labor a few weeks early (meaning right at full term- 37 weeks). I'm sure this will not happen, but hey, a girl can hope.

• Congrats MrsJEC and good luch HSartteach!

QOTW: I don't think I have had any hormone induced freak outs, but I am definitely more weepy/sentimental about commercials, songs on the radio, etc. I haven't gone crazy on anyone...YET.

Update: Not much to update...I can tell she is definitely growing as the fetal movements are no longer single punches/kicks. I have started to experience the full on rolls and somersaults, which sometimes are big enough to jolt me out of whatever I happen to be doing at the time. Weird, but cool!

• EMTXEMTX member

QOTW: I haven't had any major emotional meltdowns (yet-ha!) but have woken up from several really, realy disturbing and sad dreams lately... which I then cry over when I re-tell them to DH.

Update: I am HALFWAY today! So excited/can't believe it! Our nursery is almost done, I am very proud of it :)

Hope everyone has a good week.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had much in the way of hormonal issues (I don't usually have issues around my period, either), and no strange outbursts.
    I do get sad and angry more easily though, and in the beginning I felt depressed at times - but I think that was the HG more than anything.

Today I'm feeling really good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • yay on the new babies and good luck to those giving birth soon!

QOTW:  i don't feel like i have had any emotional outbursts yet:)  i seem to get upset over stupid stuff easier, ie bad driving, but nothing too bad.  my DH might have another story to tell:)

the last couple of weeks i have been feeling really good!  we got to see my family and all of our friends back in chicago last week so that was great.  i am starting to feeling the baby move...just little pops and wiggles...its so fun.  our big US is next wed so we are getting really excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • QOTW: I don't get angry, but I am definitely more emotional. I can cry at really random things, like stuff on t.v. or whatnot.

Things have started to get a lot harder in the last week. It is very, very hard for me to get out and about with Rhett now. I get winded and overheated so easily. I have really bad hip pain, sciatic nerve pain, reflux, and the babies just feel SO heavy. I had an appointment today and they each weigh just under 4.5 pounds, so this is not a surprise. Hard to believe I still have 6 weeks to go until they will take them because it seems like they could get so big in that time! There is nothing going on with my cervix, which is good news and I'm not having any contractions, even BH. I was spilling protein in my urine today and they don't know why. :( Blood pressure is awesome, no headaches, no blurred vision, nothing at all to indicate pre-e, so they think it is blood causing it. The NP was afraid it was cervical changes causing the blood, but it doesn't appear to be, and there is no evidence of bleeding at all. So now we just wait and keep looking for the usual signs. Hopefully it was just an irritated cervix and no big deal! Both babies are now breech after my baby A was head down for months, so if they stay this way then we will definitely be scheduling a c-section.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Congrats to JEC and good luck to HSartteach!

I have been a bit hormonal, but DH says that it is nothing compared to when we were doing the IF treatments! ?:) ?I did cry like a baby when we went to see Up. ?

Update: Still only 1 cm and 20 % effaced. ?I have to go back on Thursday for another appointment as she's not moving as much as we would like. ?They hooked me up to the monitors today and everything looked good, but I am panicking anyway. ?:( ?I am ready for her to get here already!?

• Please add me!!  EDD 3-8-10.  It will be another surprise baby for us so add me to Team Green!

Hormones haven't affected me yet so I can't comment on the QOTW.  Maybe next week I can participate!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • ablouablou member

Good luck and congrats to everyone!

QOTW:  Wooh, child!  I had two days of freak-out sobbing, total mommy rage turned into sobbing... all at DH.  I got so upset and out of control, that I left last Saturday and went to stay with my mother for a week.  And when I say I left, I mean I left at 10:00 at night, and drove to College Station.  I don't think that I was well, and I needed to get some perspective, clear my head, and just get okay.  Which is what happened.  DH and I will still talk to someone, b/c we have some communication issues that we need to resolve before a screaming baby makes its entrance in January!

Update:  I'm feeling soooo much better here in 2nd tri land!  I have energy again, the nausea is gone, I'm still a little tired, but nowhere near the fatigue that I had in 1st tri.  Things are good (all except for this $^#&*@ing heat!!!) .  We have our 3rd Dr's appt on Thursday... so excited to see Little Baby again!

And PS:  I have rediscovered Cherry Slurpees at 7-11.  AMAZING!!! 

• QOTW: Hmmm I can't think of any particular moments, but I'm just A LOT more emotional.

Updates:  Doing good, although I think I've gained far too much weight.  I know we already had that as a topic but we're all out in NY visiting my family and I was looking at pictures my Mom took and good grief I look huge!  I look way more than 23 weeks...sigh... I'm sure I'm eating too much, I'm just constantly hungary!  Hopefully it will slow down like it did last time!  

• imageTXAggieBride06:

Please add me!!  EDD 3-8-10.  It will be another surprise baby for us so add me to Team Green!

Hormones haven't affected me yet so I can't comment on the QOTW.  Maybe next week I can participate!!

Woot!! Congrats to you!

ETA: Oi. pg brain strikes again. I forgot I already knew this. I considered deleting to avoid looking like a forgetful schmuck, but alas, I am what I am. So...congrats again! :-)

Dear Bump: You suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"