Babies on the Brain
Options

Poll: Memorial?

People keep talking about a public viewing or memorial for Michael Jackson.  Would you ever go to a memorial for someone famous?  Whose would you go to?

I don't even like going for people I know so I would be a no.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Memorial?

• Options

Nope.  But I'm one of those who doesn't really understand why people get super upset when a celebrity dies.  Is it a sad event?  Yes.  Does it make you nostalgic?  Of course.  Being a little bummed about it is one thing, but I don't get when people are just as upset about a celeb as they would be for their own mother or something. 

• Options

Our faith is really big on memorials, so they're pretty common after Sunday Liturgy.

I would have gone to Pavarotti's funeral or a memorial.  The clips I caught on TV were amazing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  I don't like anyone that much.
  • Options

To be totally selfish, I am displeased about this whole thing... we are driving most of the same route the same day that his body will be taken to the viewing, and I just bet it will make traffic a nightmare.  Gah.  Some times I hate SoCal...  As for going to the viewing of a famous person-only if I knew them.  Seems kind of tacky otherwise...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"