2nd Trimester
Options

Can you freeze pizza dough? NFT

Pizza
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can you freeze pizza dough? NFT

• Options

I do!  Just thaw it in the fridge and then pull it out an hour before you use it so it gets room temp and rises again!!

We do it all the time and it saves a ton of $$$

• Options
    yes, i order it from our food delivery service and it comes frozen. you just defrost when ready to use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes  you can!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Awesome!  I'm going to make it in my bread machine!

two more questions:

A) do I need to do anything special to it?

B) how much dough does a pizza usually take?  my machine will make 1, 1.5, and 2.  If it only takes about 1 I can make a 2 pounder and divide it in 1/2

• Options
    imageMadameFancyPants:

two more questions:

B) how much dough does a pizza usually take?  my machine will make 1, 1.5, and 2.  If it only takes about 1 I can make  2 lb and divide it in 1/2

A) I suggest sweetining it with honey or at least half honey half sugar and make sure you use the right amount of yeast.

B)Make a 2lb and split it!

And make sure you freeze it airtight so the yeast does not keep fermenting.  It really is sooo easy- we do pizza every Friday from the bread maker and I make a double batch and freeze too...

• Options
    imagelspinman:
    imageMadameFancyPants:

two more questions:

B) how much dough does a pizza usually take?  my machine will make 1, 1.5, and 2.  If it only takes about 1 I can make  2 lb and divide it in 1/2

A) I suggest sweetining it with honey or at least half honey half sugar and make sure you use the right amount of yeast.

B)Make a 2lb and split it!

And make sure you freeze it airtight so the yeast does not keep fermenting.  It really is sooo easy- we do pizza every Friday from the bread maker and I make a double batch and freeze too...

yay!  I'm super excited to have a project for tomorrow! 

• Options

Yes you can...

Or else pizza places would have to be constantly making their own dough...

• Options
    A can of pillsbury pizza dough is 13oz, so a bit less than a pound. It makes a decent sized pizza. Unless you're super hungry or want leftovers I'd be tempted to divide the 2lb dough ball into 3 pizzas.
    - Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"