1st Trimester
Options

first appt coming up!

Hello ladies, I have my first appt. next week (july 7). I will be about 6 1/2 weeks along. What exactly should I expect?! I'm so nervous and excited. Will I get an ultrasound? hear the heartbeat? Also...is it silly to bring my husband to this appt? He wants to come, but I don't know if it will be pointless this first time. What did you all do?

Re: first appt coming up!

• Options
    I was 6weeks4days when I had my first appt. they did do a u/s. I did get to see the baby and the baby's heartbeat but not hear it...if you husband can come, definitely bring him, it truly is an amazing experience I don't think he would want to miss! My dh did come and it felt so good knowing he was there by my side through the appt..only thing I felt was alittle embarrassed when the dr. asked that I insert the u/s probe thing in my vag and my dh was right there! I thought it was a u/s they did on the belly, but I later found out from 1st tri that they wouldn't be able to see much that way! lol, but i better get use to the uncomfortable moments because I'm sure there is way more to come! (sorry for the book!)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"