2nd Trimester
Options

fetal heart monitor?

Has anyone bought or even tried one? I tried to read reviews online, and its half and half..Im a relatively tiny person, so maybe that means it would work? I dont know..I need feedback first. If they work, whats the best brand?

Re: fetal heart monitor?

• Options
    i have the hi bebe...love it
  • Options
    I'm not sure what being a thin person has to do with it since you're already 24 weeks in, but I've had my doppler since 12 weeks and listen to the baby almost daily. I ordered mine from Baby beats and pay about $25 a month- in my mind it's totally worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought a Hi Bebe off Craigslist.  I have only gotten the heart beat a few times with it.  We just found out the placenta is anterior high (up front toward the belly) so my OB says that has been why it's been harder for me to hear.  I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Don't get one of the cheap ones from Motherhood. It's more like a glorified stethoscope and you can't hear anything on it! I just ordered the Baby Sound B online after a few of the girls on this board recommended it. Hopefully it will be here in a couple of days. With shipping and a tube of gel I paid right around $60
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    epphdepphd member

I've been using mine since 10.5 weeks.  I bought a spendy one with a 3MHz probe, and have had really good luck with it.  I love the reassurance of hearing the LO thumping away in there...

Oh - mine is a Sonotrax Basic with a digi display. $149 on Amazon.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    I have one and ABSOLUTLY love it! it is so fun!
  • Options
    Believe it or not ladies I bought one on Ebay for 30 bucks and it works fine!!! Me and my husband listen to the baby's heartbeat every night before we go to sleep. 
  • Options

I bought mine on amazon it's sonotrax, I paid 80$. It's worth every penny, it's so good I can tell if he's moving closer farther away from the probe. It always picks up his heartbeat and even my pregnant friends use it when they are having a paranoid moment.  It's loud enough so everyone in the room can hear it, if you turn it up.
    Like I said worth every penny. Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"