Parenting

Miles has eaten about 3 oz since 2:30 p.m.

We've been trying to feed him again since I got home at 5:30 p.m. and he's had about an ounce. He sucks on the bottle, but isn't really drinking anything....

He's now asleep, god knows for how long though. I'm trying not to be too concerned (but I am of course)....I figure maybe he's still a bit backed up from the Similac Sensitive RS he's been drinking for a few days and that it will take a bit to fully get out of his system. Very frustrating and I'm scared we're in for a crazy night! 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome

Re: Miles has eaten about 3 oz since 2:30 p.m.

• Oh and he's not fussing at all. That's the weird part...
  • Ugh. I hope he doesn't give you too much trouble, and that he's regular again soon!
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Loading the player...
  • Max has days like this too.  Then I'm like oh great, how is tonight going to go??  Some days he just surprises me by not being hungry...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage
  • Crossing my fingers for you for a smooth night.
    imageimageimage
  • imagesooosie:
    Max has days like this too.  Then I'm like oh great, how is tonight going to go??  Some days he just surprises me by not being hungry...

OK this makes me feel better! 

• I bought some of that thick it today.  I'm going to ask our pedi about it tomorrow, but one of my gf who is a NICU nurse told me it is for more extreme cases, probably like Miles.  She said I should try rice or oatmeal first.  If my pedi agrees with that advice, I'll mail you the stuff I bought.  :)
  • imageBrewster:
    I bought some of that thick it today.  I'm going to ask our pedi about it tomorrow, but one of my gf who is a NICU nurse told me it is for more extreme cases, probably like Miles.  She said I should try rice or oatmeal first.  If my pedi agrees with that advice, I'll mail you the stuff I bought.  :)

Ah OK. Let me know what your pedi says! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"