North Carolina Babies

uggg...FB friend vent

I recently posted on FB some 1st b day pics and a post about Scott learning to climb the stairs. I called it when I posted it that one of my friends would take the opportunity to talk about what her child is doing--she is always quick to point out that her son is developmentally ahead of Scott even though Scott is 3 months or so older.  It just really irks me.  She can never just say something nice--always has to work in the fact that her son is "ahead" of my son.  And she does it in such an annoying way--like starting off nice and then getting the jab in.

This is also the friend who felt it was appropriate to warn us about the perils of exersaucers when we posted a picture of Scott in one on our FB page (she commented on the photo with this warning).  I'm surprised she didn't tell us that the reason Scott isn't walking yet is b/c we put him in an exersaucer whereas she didn't use one with her son and he's walking. lol...

I swear...OK vent over--just had to get that off my chest. 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: uggg...FB friend vent

• I am SO glad I am not on FB.  I have a few friends like that and it drives me batty. Its like just be happy for me, let me tell my story one time with out you trying to one up me!
  • I'm sorry to hear that your friend has no tact and is one of "those" mothers. ?Why do some people have to make a competition out of motherhood?

Can you relay to your friend that my child walked in the womb. ?And although he's only three months old, he's now talking and reading on a fifth grade level. I owe it all to his exersaucer.?

• Loading the player...
  • That is SO annoying!  I am still annoyed for you about the exersaucer thing.  Do you think she would notice if you blocked her from seeing your status updates?
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 7Miles, I will let her know ASAP! She might like hearing about the Your Baby Can Read program too in combo with regular exersaucer use. Crescent--hmmm..interesting idea about the blocking of status updates--didn't know I could do that.

In my head I totally know this is her issue--being one of "those" moms.  She's just really insecure about having left her career to stay at home (her words not mine) and then watching her marriage dissolve once the baby was born.  Their marriage was on the rocks long before she was pregnant and I think she thought a baby would make things better.  Ummm...no!  Babies are stressful, hello?!  But do I post about this on her FB page, no!  Instead I come here to post on a public board about my frustration with her.  Heehee!!!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ugg...people that have to compete sorta get under my skin...every baby is different and Scott is perfectly happy in all that he does I'm sure and thats all that matters. I hope they are both athletes together one day and Scott is a million times better then her son...nobody knows later in life who crawled or walked first.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I like to think that negativity is the greatest form of jealousy.  In her case, despite the fact that her child seems to be "ahead" of yours, I bet she's very self-conscious about you being a better mother than her.  She sounds very insecure and it seems that she feels the need to prove things to other people.  If you think about it that way - don't get frustrated, just laugh it off.

• image7miles:

Can you relay to your friend that my child walked in the womb.  And although he's only three months old, he's now talking and reading on a fifth grade level. I owe it all to his exersaucer. 

::snort::giggle:: Smile

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"