Working Moms
Options

XP: Two week business trip. Has anyone done it?

Hi. I have to take a two-week business trip in the near future.  I am devastated.  I understand the importance of the trip career wise, but the idea of leaving my little guy for that long literally makes me cry.  Has anyone else been away for this long?  Can you tell me it isn't as bad as I think it is?  (be honest though...I think it will be terrible).  I am going to try to get it reduced to a week, but I don't know how successful I will be.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Two week business trip. Has anyone done it?

• Options

Yes - just did the last 2 weeks traveling for business, although I was able to return home for the weekend.  Look for my posts (3 total) under Working Moms, then post under here any other questions you still have.

I will say this...you CAN make it work.  My theory was why would I give up BF after all this time for just 10 days away?  A couple of challenges popped up, but I worked through all of them and returned home with all my milk.

• Options
    I've travelled 2 week overseas while nursing and not nursing. It's harder when nursing and almost impossible in China because the fridges do not have freezers. Travelling while not nursing is not that big of a deal if you feel like your DH or whoever is going to take care of your baby has got it under control. When I travel I just have to prepare food and do the laundry in advance so that who ever takes care of DS has less things to worry about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't done it but I do have a tip.  MY DH sometimes travel and we always iChat in the evening.  My DD gets to see and talk to Daddy via the computer.  I love it. 

HTH:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"