Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If DC has excema...

When does it flare up the most?  Hot weather, cool weather, morning, afternoon, night, does not matter?

In the evenings she gets little red bumps in her usual spots...however she does not itch them (she only itches when her skin is dry)...when she wakes up the bumps are no longer red or as visible.  The temperature does not seem to matter...or is it really bad at night when we spend more time outside during the day...I need to experiment with that one.  For example, we spent awhile outside today and her arms and legs have this rash...that might look like a heat rash...but it is in her "itchy spots"  so really I don't know!

Re: If DC has excema...

• I mean eczema...I can never spell this word correct!
  • imagedolphins2006:

When does it flare up the most?  Hot weather, cool weather, morning, afternoon, night, does not matter?

In the evenings she gets little red bumps in her usual spots...however she does not itch them (she only itches when her skin is dry)...when she wakes up the bumps are no longer red or as visible.  The temperature does not seem to matter...or is it really bad at night when we spend more time outside during the day...I need to experiment with that one.  For example, we spent awhile outside today and her arms and legs have this rash...that might look like a heat rash...but it is in her "itchy spots"  so really I don't know!

Ds has the same thing. It's getting worse with the extreme heat. It was all over last weekend and he has some on his feet and in his knee bend today. It's bumpy and flat in some places, raised in others. He's not scratching it though and doesn't seem to be bothered at all by it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's flares up if she gets too hot.  The pedi said sometimes their skin reacts to their own perspiration.  DD's isn't heat rash--it's super itchy.
  • DS seems to have flare-ups when it gets warmer - he had really bad outbreaks starting last summer, and though this summer it is better, he still has more patches than he did in the winter.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"