Infertility
Options

Grrrr.. dumba$$ FB "Friend" comment

So I've recently gotten back in touch with a friend via FB. We were super close way back when and she was actually my MOH(although she was a crappy MOH). We pretty much lost touch after my wedding 4 years ago. I drifted away from her because she was close friends with my ex of 5 1/2 yrs and it was really tough for me to make the seperation from the ex and her (her dh is best friends with my ex). She drifted away from me because she was kinda jealous that I packed up my life and moved to FL and she was stuck in a boring unhappy marriage (and she has two kids, one of which I was her coach for during labor because her dh couldn't hack it) back up in NY. As we got back in touch the last month or so, she became aware of my M/C (via FB on Mothers day when I put up a status about being a mommy to an angel)

We talked about my m/c via emails and my struggles with IF for the last 3 1/2 yrs , she expressed her sympathy for my loss etc so I thought she kinda might "get it" at least a little any ways.

Yeah---NOT!!

Earlier today on FB I updated my status to say : "Enjoying a rainy day with a book, the hubs and my furbabies".

Her comment to my status:

"me too. nothing better than a great thunder and lightening storm, a good book and all your kids (including the dogs) curled up with you."

What a freakin' kick to the gut!!! I'm not even going to acknowledge her comment, but I'm starting to think I was way better off leaving her in my past instead of trying to rekindle our friendship.

My Blog: When Will Hope and Faith Pay Off

"The Sisterhood of Infertility" Blog

Cycle#18=BFP....M/C @ 7w2d...heartbroken
IUI #1 (cycle 25) = Chem PG, IUI # 2 Cycle 32 = BFFN! SURPRISE--- We're PG!! Break Cycle BFP November 2009!!!! M/C # 2
Sadly, a Mommy to 3 Angel Babies
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon
miscarriage survivor Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Grrrr.. dumba$$ FB "Friend" comment

• Options

I am sorry her comment hurt your feelings. I guess I don't see her comment as being too offensive. I think she was just trying to make a nice comment to you and acknowledge your furbabies.

Sometimes these things don't seem as bad out of context, but if you are in the situation, it sucks majorly. I get that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i kind of agree with pp.  i don't think she meant to hurt your or offend you by that comment. i think she was trying to acknowledge that furbabies are like kids to her too?  i am sorry she hurt your feelings, but i wouldn't stop talking to her b/c of this.  (if she continues to make insensitive comments, then that's another story but i would just chalk this one up to her meaning well)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ew! What a totally insensitive thing to say!!! I'm sorry you had to see that! I think you're right and it's best to just leave her in your past!

*hugs*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"