2nd Trimester
Options

Need help from the food experts out there-I'm hungry!

Okay, I don't mean to sound like a moron, but I have found lots of conflicting info. regarding the "safe" foods to eat while expecting.  I can't remember limiting certain foods when I was pregnant with my daughter years ago, but now it seems there are more rules?  I of course have been and will continue to do what's healthy for my baby, but I'm hungry and a lot of those foods are my fave.  Can anyone tell me specifically about the pregnancy precautions associated with the following foods?

Lunch Meat

Hot Dogs

Tuna (all white, canned in water)

Eggs

any others that may be important.   

Re: Need help from the food experts out there-I'm hungry!

• Options

Lunch Meat and Hot Dogs, heat both thoroughly before eating.

Tuna is OK is small amounts.  My paperwork says no more than 12oz per week. ETA: 12oz per week of all seafood.  6oz per week if it's high in mercury (tilefish, shark)

Eggs are fine; cook thoroughly.

Soft cheeses: blue, feta, camembert, brie.  Most people say to avoid these; but since those sold in the US are pasteurized some Drs say it's OK.  I choose to avoid.

And, of course, no alcohol and my paperwork states 1-2 servings of caffeine per day.

I think that's it...

• Options
    Eat all those things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ditto the first poster on specifics.

I eat all of the above. Just everything in moderation. Follow common sense food handling guidelines just like you would prepreg and all would be fine.

If something is going to happen with your baby it isn't from a hotdog.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"