Working Moms
Options

**makclair**

I saw in your reply to the pumping schedule post that you recently did CIO to stop frequent night wakings.  DD has been waking every hour or so for the last two months and we're exhausted! We finally started CIO last night.  I'm confused thoguh, because I still feel like DD needs to eat around 3 or 4 am (she goes to bed at 7pm) and is EBF.  How did you deal with an early morning feed and CIO? Do I just go to her at that time and not the others? Will it mess up the sleep training to do the one early morning feed?  I'm anxious to hear from someone else that CIO might work and we'll have some sleep again, I'm a zombie at work every day!  TIA

Re: **makclair**

• Options

Butting in...sorry. We did CIO about a month ago and i still went in at 4 to nurse. She was still tired so she fell back to sleep. You have to do what feels right and really try to learn the cries. I know when she's actually hungry (long day of crawling around) and I will nurse her. It actually was a little easier for us because she was a little older and I completely understand her protesting as opposed to actually needing something.

CIO is a learning experience for both of you so if you need to check in a few times to make sure there's no number 2s in the diaper and LO is not actually hungry, then do so. With in a few days, you'll learn what your baby needs at that specific time of the night.

• Options
    PS I was not for the CIO method at all but she recently started waking up all night and we were co-sleeping and she would want to crawl and play and almost fell off the bed. I caught her as she was going over! We had to do it and it does work but it's hard and we have had to do it again since we moved and now again once she gets over this ear infection so keep it in mind that you will have to repeat it. The only thing that makes me ok with it is that it's for her saftey and I still get upset about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecrysas81:
    PS I was not for the CIO method at all but she recently started waking up all night and we were co-sleeping and she would want to crawl and play and almost fell off the bed. I caught her as she was going over! We had to do it and it does work but it's hard and we have had to do it again since we moved and now again once she gets over this ear infection so keep it in mind that you will have to repeat it. The only thing that makes me ok with it is that it's for her saftey and I still get upset about it.

That was happening to us too!

As for the night wakenings, DH brings into our bedroom to nurse when he wakes up between 3 and 4 am and then either he goes back to sleep with us or I take him back to his bed. I feel like he still needs to eat then, and then he nurses again around 630-7 when we get up. I just don't think it is realistic for him to go from 7p-7am without eating at this age.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"