Baby Names

Just for fun, what do you think of Lorraine as a middle name?

It's my middle name, it was my grandmother's middle name, I've always loved it, and I've always wanted to pass it on to a daughter.  But lately some people have told me they think it's too old-fashioned.  One person even laughed at it when he saw it on my resume. :/ What do you think?

Re: Just for fun, what do you think of Lorraine as a middle name?

• qtpa2tqtpa2t member
    What's wrong with old fashioned? ?Frankly, I think that's a sight better than all these names with an overabundance of vowels that look made up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a big fan of using family names.  Screw what people say, if you want to pass it on then I think you should!
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course, liking an old fashioned name is a matter of personal style and taste. But what we or anyone else think does not matter if it's your middle name and you want to honor your grandmother! And you've always loved it. Simple- pass it on to your daughter. :) 
  • That is my grandmother's middle name too. I thought of possibly using it if I have a daughter, too. It's not my favorite, but it has meaning attached to it. If you like it, then use it!!
  • I don't love it, but I like it. I think you should use it.?
  • i love it as a first and middle name!
  • imageamanda092609:
    I am a big fan of using family names.  Screw what people say, if you want to pass it on then I think you should!

ITA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a Lori who always liked the idea of Lorraine as a formal name. I wish my mother had used it.
  • I like it as a mn, especially since it has meaning for you. 
  • The irony of them laughing at Lorraine as "old-fashioned" is simply that most names come and go.

My grandmother's name was Ella.  I knew no one younger than her with that name.  The last time it was in the top 100 in the US was 1927.   Suddenly, it is now fresh and trendy to name your child Ella. 

• I like "older" sounding names. I've always liked the idea of using family names for my children. Most likely ds will have 3 family names!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"