Infertility

"Embryo Glue"

Anyone using it in their IVF?   How many are they charging?

Re: "Embryo Glue"

• What is that??? I have never heard of it??

I am taking estrace and endometrin.?

• I've never heard of it either. My protocol right now is progesterone in oil shot and estrace suppository in the mornings, progesterone and estrace suppositories at night, and also one baby aspirin at night.
    2009: 1st IVF began 12/29, cancelled due to OHSS; 1st full IVF began 2/10 ER 2/27 ET 3/4 BFN 3/13; IVF #2 began 5/23 ER 6/4 ET 6/9 BFP 6/18 Lost our baby on 9/12. 2010: IVF #3 (w/PGD) began 2/1 ER: 2/15 ET: 2/20 BFN 3/1; Took a break for hernia surgery and recovery; IVF #4 (w/PGD) began 6/30 ER 7/13 ET 7/18 BFN 7/27; IVF #5 began 10/23 ER 11/5 ET 11/10 Low Pos 11/19 BFN 11/22; Took a break: got a 2nd opinion,changed insurance,chose a new RE,and recharged emotionally. 2011: "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 6/4, 6/6, and 6/7 BFN on 6/21. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/3 & 7/5 BFN on 7/19. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/30, 8/1 & 8/2...the journey continues into 2012 with three more IVFs and 6 more IUIs...now looking at IVF with donor egg Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had never heard of it myself. It's supposed to help the embryos stick to the wall better and may increase implantation up to 30-40%.  I honestly have no idea how it is used - I only know that some labs are starting to offer its use. 

My friend has been quoted $600 for it.  On one hand, if it can increase the odds of implantation a good amount, why not pay the extra money.  On the other hand, if the overall success rate of the cycle is already 60%, it may not affect it that much.

• My RE uses it standard in all IVF transfers. They charge $200. He said that it isn't really glue at all. He basically said that it is some sort of vitamin solution that is added to the fluid that holds the embryos during the transfer. He said that it aids in helping the embryo to shed its lining and help implantation. I know he used more technical medical terms but that is what I got from it.
  • well right it's hyaluronic acid. they just call it a glue. basically a sticky protein coating around the embryo to aid it in implantation.

glad to hear other REIs are using it.  

• epphdepphd member

I remember discussing this a while back - here is a link to the thread.  Hope it helps!

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/14899742.aspx?MsdVisit=1

ETA: especially note the improvement in implantation rate: from 25%-32%. It is not a magic bullet, unfortunately.  The name is incredibly misleading.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • The first and only time I have ever heard of it was when I looked at Nadya Suleman's wacky doctor's website.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"