Northern California Babies

Britax Marathon - I have a problem

My 2.5 year old has figured out how to loosen the straps by pushing that button at the bottom of the seat to lengthen the straps, and he does this during car rides.  Loosens it up, takes his arms out, reaches out and bothers his brother.

Help me!  Is there a way to lock this button, or is this a discipline issue?

Re: Britax Marathon - I have a problem

• Ryan was doing the same thing for a while.  It was so frustrating (not to mention dangerous).  I immediately would pull over and get out and tell him "no no....that's DANGEROUS".  You could get ouchies"  and handed him something to play with.   Luckily for us it didn't last long.  Good luck!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I have no suggestions (frankly I'm worried seeing as we have the same car seat) but I just wanted to say..I'm impressed with the little guys!!

K

• Loading the player...
  • We have not reached that stage yet, but we realized that if we have the carseat cover over E's infant seat that it hides the button. You may want to invest in an extra cover and see if that helps. We got E's from bellababycompany.com
  • We do have a cover that covers the button.  He can pull the cover off quite easily though to access the button.
  • Ack!  That little C is a smart one!  Have no suggestions, but boy, does it scare me!  I can totally see Nick doing something like that at some point...
  • Does yours have the length of strap hanging out of the button?  The one to pull to tighten it?  Can you roll it up really tight and wedge it underneath when you have him strapped in?  Not a fun thing to do each time, but maybe an easy fix? 

What if you have him sit on a hand towel or something long enough that he couldn't gather up and get to the button underneath?  Good luck!

• This is one of the reasons I like our Decathlon over our Marathon.  Sara has checked out the lever but hasn't tried to lift it yet but I know that she wouldn't be able to press in the button on the Decathlon (as I sometimes have a hard time with it.) 

Hope you find something to help!   

imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Tyson has figured out how to move the top plastic latch down enough to get his arms out. He then reaches over and rolls the window down. He figured out how to open his door as well but luckily our car has a safety lock so I can keep him from opening the door. Otherwise, I haven't yet discovered a way to keep him from doing it...

Our carseat cover keeps the strap you are asking about well covered. In fact, I am not sure he even knows it's there!

• Andrew also does the take the arms out thing sort of like TY. ?I don't know how he wiggles out because he doesn't move the latch and I make sure the thing is TIGHT. ?The only lucky part is then he can't move his arm and starts screaming like a banshee because he's stuck so at least I know that he's done it and can pull over and fix it.

There was a similar post a while back on the 12-24 board and a few posted that if you call Britax apparently there is some type of contraption they will send you to cover ?the buckle so they can't undo it. ?Not that that will help with your issue so much but maybe they have something targeted at that too. ?He can't be the first kid to do it so maybe they have come up with something to stop them.

?

Good luck.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"