South Florida Babies

Skydiving?

Has anyone done it? I can't even believe I'm considering doing it (I'm super scared of heights) but I definitely want to do it at some point, and dh is going to do it soon so I'm debating whether or not I should go with him. How does it feel? Like a drop on a roller coaster or what?

TIA!!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Skydiving?

• That thought would never ever cross my mind. But then again I get super nauseous from roller coasters so I always figured sky diving would be worse. In theory it sounds like fun, but I know I could never gather up the courage to do it unless I was on the amazing race or something like that and I had no choice. Have fun!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Think roller coaster times 1000.

It is the most amazing feeling, so difficult to describe though.  It is an extended drop on a roller coaster with your heart in your throat!  It literally takes your breath away.  It's surprisingly noisy, and over before you know it.  Your ears and cheeks flop all over the place, you'll feel like dumbo.  It's the biggest adrenaline rush I ever had, and I don't know if I would ever have the courage to do it as a mom.  I'm glad I did it when I did.

• Loading the player...
  • Estas loca! LOL! J/K

I think you are VERY brave for even considering it!!!! I would never, but I'm sure its an incredible experience. Just reading shoe-kitty's response above got my heart pounding! I am a HUGE chicken for stuff like that!

• I don't think i would ever get the courage to do it. But if I did, it would have had to be something i'd do before having kids. I would feel too irresponsible doing a dangerous activity like that now that I'm a mom.
  • i've never done it, but dh has.  he's TERRIFIED of heights but he said the worst part of it all was the flight up and the actual jumping.  Once you're falling, the "falling roller coaster feeling" kind of stops after a few seconds.  You don't realize how quickly you're falling b/c you have nothing to compare your fall to or no point of reference (ie how fast the ground is coming at you)  lol
  • I've gone skydiving and its an absolutely incredible experience! I thought the waiting and going up in the tiny plane was by far the scariest part, but like the pps said, it feels a million times more intense than a roller coaster. It was exhilarating!
  • You're brave! 

I really don't think I could do it.  I'm chicken!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the replies! After reading what it's like I'm definitely putting it on my list of "things I probably won't do" lol. It sounds too crazy for now lol. I know it's very safe but I almost had a heart attack picturing myself feeling that rush!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think I could ever do it! It took me til I was almost 18 to get the guts to even go on silly Space Mountain! lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• OMG I'm dying to skydive!  Not sure why... but I love adventure and I thinkt he thrill will be amazing!  I heard it is lots of fun.  DH thinks I'm nuts, but has to deal w/ it.  LOL  I told him that if I'm not pg for my 30th bday (13 mo away), I'll def want to do that to celebrate!  LOL

If you go, please give us a review!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've actually gone 5 or 6 times and it is the best feeling in the world! The first time I went, I had a smile plastered on my face for days. It just can't be beat!
    Aiden Charles imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Go to Skydive Miami.. they are great!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"