Options

PIP-My new shirt!

Please ignore the blue lounge pants!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PIP-My new shirt!

• Options
    cute...youre so tiny!
  • Options
    OMG your husband so rocks...  I would need way bigger straps to hold up my DDD's....  thanks for sharing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsmyers8:
    OMG your husband so rocks...  I would need way bigger straps to hold up my DDD's....  thanks for sharing.

I have a strapless bra underneath but you can get different widths of bias take to make straps, or you could even cut off a strip from the bottom and make straps from that! 

There are endless possibilities! 

• Options
    my thoughts exactly!
  • Options

imageMadameFancyPants:
    imagemrsmyers8:
    I have a strapless bra underneath but you can get different widths of bias take to make straps, or you could even cut off a strip from the bottom and make straps from that! There are endless possibilities!

Okay so thanks for help.  How do you measure, since its stretchy material?  You have me inspired to make one.  Trying to figure out how to do it, so it fits...

• Options
    imagemrsmyers8:

imageMadameFancyPants:
    imagemrsmyers8:
    I have a strapless bra underneath but you can get different widths of bias take to make straps, or you could even cut off a strip from the bottom and make straps from that! There are endless possibilities!

Okay so thanks for help.  How do you measure, since its stretchy material?  You have me inspired to make one.  Trying to figure out how to do it, so it fits...

DH held it up and wound it around me ( we did the same in the store, but really quickly and loosely.) We made it a bit on the tighter side because of the stretch factor of the elastic in the top.  He pinned it where the seam will be then lifted it up over my head so I wouldn't get stuck like a pincushion.  The seam is under my left arm.

It took a few tries of altering to get the bottom to lay right, we had to taper it inwards a bit because it looked very tentish.

• Options
    FP you are so cute :)
  • Options

FP, you are presh!!!!

?

I think I missed something...is that a skirt or cover-up turned-mat-shirt or did you make it from scratch???

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

FP, you are presh!!!!

I think I missed something...is that a skirt or cover-up turned-mat-shirt or did you make it from scratch?? 

You can buy yardage of the fabric already smocked.  it comes in shirt length and maxi dress length.  You just sew a seam down the side to hold the two ends together and add some bias tape of other strap-like material to make straps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"