2nd Trimester
Options

maternity pants

I'm halfway through converting some prepreg pants to maternity.  So far so good.  Now I just have to add the stretch part.  If this works I just might convert all of my pants to have stretchy tops.  They might be 10 times more confortable.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: maternity pants

• Options

Moo, please share how you are doing this!  I would also love a PIP Wink  Purty Please!?!?

ps: it's great to see you over here in 2nd tri!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mooetamooeta member

I had a pair of work pants that dropped a hem, so I haven't been wearing them and didn't want to take a working pair out of rotation.  I cut the back waist band off right below where it is attached, and in the front I pinned the pockets down (now they won't be functional but oh well, and zipped the zipper and cut straight across. 

I cut where a little lower than where I've been unzipping my pants to with my belly band.  Then pinned he zipper to keep it together too (pin before cutting) .  I'm going to baste the zipper and pockets to keep them both together and attach a coordinating stretch fabric.  I'm making them so the fabric can fold down like the bella band or I'll be able to wear the fabric over my belly when the time comes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Smile  awesome!  I might try this to some of my work pants!  Thanks hun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You are so, so talented! :) I would have never thought ( or tried) to do this. I love my BFPB!
  • Options
    I've wondered about doing this with a t-shirt...like, ripping the side seams open and stitching in some ruching and elastic.  Do you think this would work at all?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mooetamooeta member
    I think the only problem with with tshirts would be there isn't enough original fabric but if you rouched the original fabric and added some coordinating fabric on the bottom like a layered shirt it might work.  I've thought about just slitting some shirts up the side and finishing the seams and  wearing tanks under them. 
  • Options
    Very impressive.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"