Washington Babies
Options

Finger foods Q

So, we've mastered all stages of puree's and are going to introduce the basic finger foods. ?I'm at a loss for what is the best first finger food and all that good stuff. ?Any info would be great.

TIA!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finger foods Q

• Options
    Cheerios?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

We started Payton with Gerber Puffs - they disolve super easy and come in fun, fruity, flavors.  She really liked them.  I can't believe your princess is so big already!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cheerios, puffs, maybe banana depending on how many teeth she has. Check out wholesomebabyfood.com, they have lots of good ideas! HTH!
  • Options

We did Bunny Love cereal - it didnt' have wheat in it but I think Cheerios does? 

Black beans were a big hit too.

cut up pieces of cooked sweet potato

canned green beans, carrots, peaches, pears (get the no salt for veggies and the no sugar/syrup for the fruits)

bananas, avacados, blueberries, cut up strawberries, melon

• Options
    We do little pieces of cheese, cheerios, Ritz style crackers, puffs, toast, pieces of turkey, bagels...etc. I give her small pieces of what we have for dinner too. So she's had pizza, pasta and lots of other things. Its never very much though. Have fun!
  • Options
    just make sure you're paying attention to the new food introduction thing.  Like dont' do cheese if you're not doing dairy yet... and when you do a new one, wait a few days so you can make sure you know if tehre's a reaction.
  • Options

We started with Puffs too. She loves them as well as Mum Mums

We've now done Gerber Wagon Wheels (they're bigger crackers), peaches, chunks of banana, pears, peas, carrots, tortillas, toast smeared with purees, shredded cheese and black beans. She hates most stuff at first and slowly grows into them.

• Options

We did Gerber Puffs first, because they dissolve in the mouth.  And yes I'm sure I still broke them in half because I'm neurotic like that.  :)~  I think we did Gerber melts (fruit/yogurt chips) early on since they dissolve as well, then the little dehydrated fruit - pretty much all the Gerber stuff for babies (read the labels, they tell you which products are good for different stages).  Canned fruit cocktail in juice instead of syrup is good (I drain it anyways), usually the fruit is soft (I still cut them into smaller pieces).  Steamed veggies, overcooked pasta.  You just want to keep everything soft, and smaller than a peanut at first so in case she swallows without mashing/chewing it can fit down her throat. 

-Deborah

• Options
    Ahh, you ladies are awesome. ?Tomorrow we will give it a try and hope for the best! ?Wow they grow up so fast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"