Nurseries and Baby Gear

Jungle animal theme? Lets see them!

We went with a jungle theme and want to add a tree decal or something cool. Any ideas? What did you do?
Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11

Re: Jungle animal theme? Lets see them!

• We're doing this decal (well...not the actual decal, my sister is going to paint something similar on the wall)

https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26872398&ref=sr_gallery_3&&ga_search_query=safari+decal&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

If you go to roomzaar.com and search for jungle or safari under the nursery section there are some great ideas there.

• I love that decal. We are thinking of getting it for our son's room. i just wanted a tree but was hoping to see pics people had of their boys room with a tree. every pic i have seen on here has been for a girl and its the standard white tree decal from wallslicks. thanks though.
    Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours isn't jungle but it's giraffe themed -- see siggy pic for our wall mural.  I also liked the series of peek a boo animals that I think are available at BRU (and you can find matching wall art).  We did some of our own canvases to go in the room in bright colors - an elephant, a lion and a zebra.  I'll try and rustle up some photos to post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • M.AmyM.Amy member

We did a blue & sage green safari theme. 

We painted the walls blue with light blue stencils.  I trimmed the lampshade with blue and green ribbons. I made the valance and bed skirt out of silk shantung. I got a blue breathable bumper and I bought a bunch of brightly colored animal themed sheets from different bedding sets. We are not moving the crib into the nursery until the guests leave (and we can move out the bed) but you can get a sense of the theme from these photos:

Here is the bedskirt:

The giraffe will end up in the corner where the bed is now:

• Our tree isn't a decal but a 3-D tree we made from fabric, foam, a wooden base, and a contruction tube used for pouring concrete.  It is in a girl's room, but would work well for either gender.  There are tree holes with jungle animals (sloth and coati), and monkeys hang from branches and frogs perch on top of them.  This pic doesn't do it justice, but it will give you the general idea.  The vine we made from a cotton batting "tube" used for upholstery or something ... we just dyes it green and added the leaves.  The fabric leaves on the ceiling are all different shades of green and textures/sheens of fabric.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"