2nd Trimester
Options

car vent -long-

I hope this all makes sense as I am just fried. 

Well, be 6 months pregnant and have a 11 year old car act up on you. With no real financial way out of it- due to a divorce from 4 years ago I still owe on this thing. I want a way out. I drive my bf and his brother to and from work everyday -they both have license issues. So if they don't make money, we suffer. I say that because my bf runs a crew of people and his brother is one of his employees.

Also, the schedule they need me for does not permit me to have a decent job at this time.My bf offerered me to leave my job that was standing 8 hrs a day, cutting hair and getting sick, so I may relax at home, and be their driver. I took that offer, as i've always worked and gone to school and we could swing it financially.

Oh but what to do when the car breaks down again, and the bf's squirrely little know it all brother thinks he can fix it. i think he broke the hood last time he checked the oil, cause now we can't the hood won't open without a mechanic. Yay.

I called my parents for help/advice and they are kind enough to let me borrow their other car for a very short time till we figure out what we are doing. Thing is, bf and I are trying to move out of our little 250 sq ft apt. in the next month or 2.

I'm at a loss. I keep hitting big stresses with things that make me just break down. I wish for a better way to handle things. I know a positive attitude helps a lot. Any advice for keeping sane?

Re: car vent -long-

• Options

I am taking my car in for what looks like a $500 visit today. I get ya in that department.

You made a tough decision to not work right now and do what you believed was best for you and the baby. That is going to come with some consequences and that sucks. I am glad your parents are there to lend a hand. 

Could you do some at home work or temp work to help make ends meet? 

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have you thought about getting a part-time job that would accomodate your chaffeuring duties?  This would provide some extra cash for fixing the car or saving up for a new one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks girls. I've been looking at part-time admin temping (used to be an admin assistant for 10 years before changing careers). Since I've been out of that field for 2 years they are reluctant to put me to work. So i've been trying to put myself out there as a mobile stylist (can't be mobile now!).

So I am going to try to do some telemarketing over the phone, I used to do that, its how i met my bf! 

• Options
    Man my DH has a POS car too.  I told him when we have the baby he can not take it in his car.  We would love to get another one but right now we are saving every penny for the baby and the new fridge we need.  He will probably drive that car until it dies.  Good luck!  Things will work out. 
  • Options
    Sorry about the car but is your apartment really only 250 sq ft?  Thats insane!!!  I can't get over that.
  • Options

imagewhitdog23:
    Sorry about the car but is your apartment really only 250 sq ft?  Thats insane!!!  I can't get over that.

uh huh. sucks. there's no room for a baby here and get this-We share a public bathroom with other tenants. Its a historic building built in the 1800's and really isn't that charming anymore. We were trying to save to move. I want out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"