Washington Babies
Options

New parent anxiety re: carseat

I am totally freaked out with having L in the carseat!  I feel like his little head flops so far forward!  We've gone out three times with him (to appointments) and I've always ridden in the back and kept an eye on him.  

Am I being crazy?  I'd really like to take him out next week when I'm on my own, but I'm worried I'll have to pull over every 5 minutes to check on him!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New parent anxiety re: carseat

• Options
    It sounds like you dont' have it installed right if his head is flopping that much.   Does it have something to show you the level that it should be at?  It sounds like you need to fix it.   Take it to get inspected.  Or else really go back through the instructions about leveling and make sure you have it right.   Sometimes you have to roll up a towel or use a pool noodle to lift up the edge that's by his feet to get it to level right if your seats are sloped.
  • Options
    No you arent being crazy. Get it inspected..is it possible that it reclines a bit? In the meantime make do with blankets to support him?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same problem! The level on ours says it's correct, but when he's totally zonked out asleep his head is flopped forward and his little chin is pressed into the chest buckle. It's only when he's deeply sleeping though... which is always, in the car. :)
  • Options
    oops, I meant to mention that we got the seat installed in both cars! So it should be correct!  :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member

I know that they aren't recommended by some, but do you have one of those infant head positioners?

I also had to install a baby mirror, so that I could see him in my rear view, while driving. That gives me so much more peace of mind.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

It does sound like it needs to be reclined more.   There's a range of "OK" in the little window that shows whether it's level or not.  At least on mine there was. 

What car seat do you have?  If it's the Peg Perego, those havea  problem with that I think - they sit more upright.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"