South Florida Babies

so today...

is my last day here at work. the office closes tomm and i'm gonna take advantage and take mady in to see her pedi and go for her post-op for her ear tube surgery before my health insurance expires.

im grateful that i was able to find another job and run out of here with at least a 1 month severance package, but sadly the majority of the 66 employees here have been here for 20+ years and i hate to see them say good bye to each other. i had never been through a mass lay off before and seeing this and hearing their stories with each other just makes me sad for them. i shared 2 years here at allstate in which i even had my baby here, they threw me a baby shower to celebrate mady, and have kept tabs with my family.

i start my new job on july 2nd so i will not be on here much to post...this wknd we are taking off for what could be our last mini get-a-way wknd for the year.

experiencing this just makes me thank god for what i do have in my life...a healthy family, a home, a job that helps pay our bills, and a wonderful daughter & husband.

i hope that our economy makes a turn for the better soon...for those of you who are unemployed, or know someone who is unemployed, just wanted to stay to keep your faith!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so today...

• so sad.  Dh's company laid off two people in his office and I know how upset he was over that.  I can't imagine a mass layoff.  I'm so happy that you have a new job lined up.  Best of luck in your new adventure.  Enjoy your family time before the new position begins. 

btw - I made a reference to you in my newest blog posting... check it out if you get a chance :)

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagerach312:

so sad.  Dh's company laid off two people in his office and I know how upset he was over that.  I can't imagine a mass layoff.  I'm so happy that you have a new job lined up.  Best of luck in your new adventure.  Enjoy your family time before the new position begins. 

btw - I made a reference to you in my newest blog posting... check it out if you get a chance :)

OMG!!! You found the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you did....you know I will be back in Orlando this wknd, let me know if you need me to pick up another item for you from the ESPN store :)

Thanks again Rach for your kind words :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Bittersweet I am sure.  You are one of the fortunate ones!
  • Best of luck to you my friend as you close this chapter and open a new one!!!
  • that must be so difficult for those people, you're very bleesed you have another job, good luck!
  • My BIL works for FPL and they had a massive layoff including his future MIL around the holidays - it was heartbreaking. 

You are truly blessed - Congratulations on the new job!!  GL!

• This is a sad time for our country.  Real people are getting hurt. 

I'm glad you have the new job lined up.  Let us know how it goes.

Enjoy your get away!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that is so sad :( good luck with your new job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• It must be so sad to go thru that. You are truly blessed to have found a job so fast. I wish you the best and lost of good lucks in your new job.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"