Pregnant after a Loss

well ladies--i have good news and bad news

The good news is that the baby seemed to be great during the u/s. The bad news is that as soon as she went to see what it was it curled up in a ball with legs closed and wouldn't budge. I still don't know what team I'm on!! I of course started bawling my eyes out and ran in the door and called the 3d place right away. I have an appt at 11 am at a 3d ultrasound place just to determine gender. The wonderful woman there could tell I was crying and squeezed me in. So hopefully I'll have better news for you tomorrow!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: well ladies--i have good news and bad news

• Glad everything else looked good! Awww, your LO is shy Stick out tongue
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yay for a healthy baby! What a little stinker you have on your hands. I hope he/she cooperates more tomorrow! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG what a little stinker, lol!! Well, I'm glad everything looked good!! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not to worry you, but I recommend that you ask for someone that has been doing this for a while!!! Make sure it's not a newbie... My SIL had this same thing happen and paid for a 3D ultrasound only for them to be wrong!  They guessed boy and it was a girl!! They found out on delivery day!!!  The us tech was new so just make sure you don't get a newbie!!

Best wishes!

• Well that stinks!  At least you found out that s/he is doing good.  GL next time! :-)
  • The only thing she did say that worries is me is that she couldnt get good pictures of the heart so I'll probably have to go back. Of course I'm freaking out.
  • imagecoraandmike:
    The only thing she did say that worries is me is that she couldnt get good pictures of the heart so I'll probably have to go back. Of course I'm freaking out.

What the heck? They couldn't get pics of the heart or the sex? I would be so angry... :-(?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awwww, poor Cora!  That is disappointing!

But YAY for a healthy baby!  I know you were worried about that, too!  :)

• Aww what a disappointment that you couldn't tell the sex. That is good news that the baby looked good though. Now we still have to wait for your update!
  • Oh good baby is doing good.  But bad did not cooperate.  I would be so MAD!
  • I'm glad everything is good with your little one.  Now we all have to continue to wait in suspense! :)
  • imagecoraandmike:
    The only thing she did say that worries is me is that she couldnt get good pictures of the heart so I'll probably have to go back. Of course I'm freaking out.

This should definitely earn you another u/s... bummer!  I'd be frustrated for sure!  Hope you have a great 3D!!  Really Clear!

• imageBabs022:

imagecoraandmike:

What the heck? They couldn't get pics of the heart or the sex? I would be so angry... :-( 

When I went in at 12 weeks they had me doing tricks to get the LO moving around so they could get good measurments and pictures. It took a while but finally got what they needed.  I would be very upset.  Drink some orange juice before the next one.  A friend of mine suggested that.  A nurse shared that trick with her and it worked everytime.  I did that before my 18 week u/s and the LO was moving around. 

• ENevENev member

Aw man, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( At least baby looks healthy, though, and you got to see him/her!

Before my big u/s, I was trying to prepare myself for that to happen, like hey, we might leave not knowing. I was so relieved that we were able to find out - so I feel really bad for you! I know how disappointed I'd be. 

At least the other place could get you in tomorrow already, though! So only one more day!! 

• That's great that your LO is good! I hope you get the gender tomorrow!

• I'm so glad baby is healthy!!!

GL tomorrow!

• imagemustangcutie:
    imageBabs022:

imagecoraandmike:

What the heck? They couldn't get pics of the heart or the sex? I would be so angry... :-( 

When I went in at 12 weeks they had me doing tricks to get the LO moving around so they could get good measurments and pictures. It took a while but finally got what they needed.  I would be very upset.  Drink some orange juice before the next one.  A friend of mine suggested that.  A nurse shared that trick with her and it worked everytime.  I did that before my 18 week u/s and the LO was moving around. 

Ugh--I drank OJ about 30 minutes before when my appt was supposed to be. First they took me back like 40 minutes late. When we first got int here the LO was moving but she didnt try to look then. by the end of the u/s s/he was asleep and wouldn't budge!!! I think the OJ high had worn off by then.

• KK2004KK2004 member
    I'm happy the appointment went well.  Yay for the 3d...tell baby he/she is grounded if they don't cooperate this time.  Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • Well the most important thing is that your LO is looking great! Bur darn it that he/she had to be so shy.....who would they be taking after....
  • OMG Cora, that stinks!!!  Did your OB schedule you for another u/s to check for gender and it's heart?  That appt. should confirm what you see tomorrow at the 3d place.  And now I have to count down and wait again for tomorrow afternoon.  The suspense is killing me!
    After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aww too bad but at least baby looked good and healthy! Have fun tomorrow!
  • BUT THE BABY IS DOING GOOD!  That's what really matters!   Can't wait for your u/s tomorrow.  Our LO is the same way-balls up and wont let anyone see it at all. I would tell the tech to go for the money shot right away-the tech we saw last time said thats the only shot theyre going to have with ours to find out.  GL SWEETY!!!
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • JenyMJenyM member
    Yay for the baby being great! But, man I was waiting all day for the gender. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow. GL!
    BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • AWW - well good luck tomorrow - your little one is just hiding its privates :) Glad everything else went well!!
  • Most important is that your LO is doing good.  I am so sorry you couldn't find out your team though.....that is what I am worried about!  How long did your ultrasound tech look?  Can't wait to hear your news tomorrow!
  • Naughty LO, not cooperating for mommy! Hopefully he/she'll be more cooperative tomorrow!
  • I'm glad your LO is healthy!!!  Hope he/she cooperates tomorrow!
  • oh man!  That baby is trying to drive you crazy already!  I hope he cooperates tomorrow morning!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww Cora...I am so sorry you could not see the gender, but soooo relieved that was the bad news!  I cannot wait for your update tomorrow, and I am sure it will be different! 
  • Awww- don't be sad! We had the same thing happen and had to wait another month to find out. Have fun tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"