Baby Names

3-2-1 syllable pattern

So my twins are:

Bryanna Ellise Wood

Amaya Nicole Wood 

Both have same syllable pattern. We are most likely using Alayna as a FN...and I keep trying to figure out a MN- originally trying to honor my Grandma (Alba Lillian) who passed away in Nov. I think the FN (ALaynA) is in honor already b/c it takes first 2 and last letter of ALbA...hubby is not too hot on Lillian so I thought I could find a nice 2-syllable name, maybe even one that starts w/ an L to honor her more...then they's have saame initials. I have considered using Emma as a MN since it was her mom's name and she always wanted someone in family to use it...but not sure about the double -uh endings. WDYT? Suggestions?

Re: 3-2-1 syllable pattern

• I was going to suggest Lilly or Lily too.  BTW - i have an aunt named Alba.  She is the only Alba I have ever heard of until your G-mother.  I love the name Alba and will possibly use it as a first name if we ever have a girl.

• Loading the player...
  • I know this isn't the question you were asking, but Alayna is a little similar to Amaya, especially for the baby that isn't a twin. But I think Emma would be a fine middle name.
  • Some L names:

Lily

Lauren

Louise

Laura

Leslie

Leah

Lucy

Layla?

Lisa

Lindsay

Linda?

Lacey

• imagejessawakawaii:
    I know this isn't the question you were asking, but Alayna is a little similar to Amaya, especially for the baby that isn't a twin. But I think Emma would be a fine middle name.

Funny that you mention it...that was one of my earlier posts!

I really like the NN Laynie and Alayna is the only name that DH and I have agreed on as one we BOTH love. We often call Amaya- Maya, just b/c we get lazy! :0)  

• Pretty names! I have a short last name too, so I like longer first names with short last names.
  • imagetwinmommy13:

imagejessawakawaii:
    I know this isn't the question you were asking, but Alayna is a little similar to Amaya, especially for the baby that isn't a twin. But I think Emma would be a fine middle name.

Funny that you mention it...that was one of my earlier posts!

I really like the NN Laynie and Alayna is the only name that DH and I have agreed on as one we BOTH love. We often call Amaya- Maya, just b/c we get lazy! :0)  

If that's the case, why not Elena? I realized it's pronounced the same way but it LOOKS much different, and is a more accurate spelling of that name, IMO. I think it'd be cute with Lilly, or Lilleth. I don't think Alayna is an honor of Alba...just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"