Baby Names

Quin variations

My DH and I have been having the hardest time coming up with a boy name. We both kind of like the nickname Quin for a boy...but I feel like his name should be more than just Quin

Here are the formal names we're thinking of...what do you think? TIA!

Quincy

Quentin

Quinlan

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Quin variations

• i've never really thought of the name quinn as a nickname, and i've never seen it spelled with one N.

maybe throw it around with two Ns, and it'll feel more like a stand-alone name to you?

and for the record, i like all three of these q names.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like just straight up Quinn (with two n's). If I had to pick from your list I like Quentin the most. I've heard Quinlan for a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    Some good friends named their son Quinn. It's not a nickname or anything, and I think it works just fine as fullname. But if you really wanted Quin to be the nn, I like Quentin the best out of your suggestions.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I like Quincy.  And I agree that if you end up using Quin as a stand alone name, add the extra n to make it Quinn. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • dpdwdpdw member

imageLeap08:
    Some good friends named their son Quinn. It's not a nickname or anything, and I think it works just fine as fullname. But if you really wanted Quin to be the nn, I like Quentin the best out of your suggestions.  

Ditto.

• Quincy, but I also like Quinn as a first name.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EXL311EXL311 member
    Our next boy, if we have one, will probably be Joaquin and we'll call him that and Quin.  I like just Quinn by itself too though.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Quincy or just Quin/n
  • I too like just Quinn, I don't think it needs more. If I had to chose I would say Quentin.
  • Quincy. And I like Quinn as a nn more than I do as a fn. I like the longer fn Quincy.
  • Quinn is the ultimate middle name--it sounds good with just about every first name and is good for a boy or a girl. I like it so much it's my daughter's middle name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"