Los Angeles Babies

Need a uniquely CA gift - HELP!

I have a friend who has done a TON for me over the past few months and lives states away (where I own a home that she's been managing for me). She loves red wine, chocolate, & tea. I know CA has tons of wines but is there anything OUT OF THIS WORLD that I don't know about (I'm not a big wine drinker) and what about chocolate? I know ghirardelli is from CA but that's everywhere - I wanted something unique that you can't just go to Target and get.
How about Tea - is there any uniquely wonderful CA tea?

ANY suggestions or help is so needed and very appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Need a uniquely CA gift - HELP!

• Cool wine Q.

You should pair a Merlot with chocolate.  Merlot can give chocolate flavors.  Try the 05s from Napa.  Now that I look where you are located, go to the Winehouse on Cotner.  They are VERY helpful and have some gourmet food items there.  I wouldskip the Ghiradelli and go for something a little less commercial. 

Re California, its also possible to buy Merlot vinegar (to dress salads).  I went to Carmel to get it, but maybe you can find it online?

• K&L wines in Hollywood ought to give you good suggestions as well. Soquel Vineyards is a great wine from my hometown (santa cruz). Bonny Doon Vineyards makes ok wines but the bottles are really cool looking. They make a great strawberry dessert wine.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"