Health & Exercise
Options

ideas for breakfast?

starting back on weight watchers and need ideas for easy breakfasts! i have bought the weight watcher breakfast things but they get expensive and sometimes i need something different but it needs to be easy enough to make at work! thanks ladies!!

Re: ideas for breakfast?

• Options

I LOVE WW!   My current breakfast is a Hungry Girl Grab 'n Go Breakfast Cookie (see recipe below), steamed milk, and an apple.   These cookies are great to "Grab and Go".   The recipe makes 4 so I usually make a batch on Sunday and eat them throughout the week.

Also, if you don't already subscribe, sign up for the Hungry Girl newsletter for fun recipes and food finds for WW and healthy eaters.  I literally make something new from them every week.  They rock!   www.hungry-girl.com

POINTS? Value: 2
    Servings:  4

Preparation Time:  20 min
    Cooking Time:  14 min
    Level of Difficulty:  Moderate
    Course: breakfast

Ingredients

2 tsp Carnation Coffee-Mate Sugar free French vanilla, powder

1 serving(s) Gerber Peaches (baby food)

1/8 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp baking powder

2 tbsp unpacked brown sugar

1 tbsp dried cranberries

1/4 cup(s) Egg Beaters Refrigerated Egg Whites

1/4 cup(s) canned pumpkin

1/4 cup(s) McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener

1/4 cup(s) General Mills Fiber One

6 tbsp whole wheat flour

1/2 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal

Instructions

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Chop Craisins into small pieces. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, Fiber One crumbs, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix Well In a sepearte bowl, dissovlve the Coffee-mate into 2 tbsp. hot water. Ad all other wet ingredients (pureed peacher, pumpkin, and egg substitute and mix well. Add liquid mixture to the try ingredients and then stir until completely blended. Slowly sprinkle chopped Craisins into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 4 evenly spaced circles. Spread batter out a bit with the back of a spoon. Place the pan in the over for 12-14 minutes (until tops of the treats are just slightly crispy). Remove pn from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then grab 'n go!

• Options
    i always eat plain yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a hard time feeling full after a lot of the WW and diet breakfast stuff out there.

I keep paper bowls at work and a box of Weight Control Maple Oatmeal. It is fabulous and it makes my classroom smell like pancakes. It is also a big serving size. I've been of WW for a while so I haven't checked the points.

My favorite make ahead breakfast is sauted sweet red onion, bell pepper ad egg beaters. I get the pre-cut bell peppers and add them in towards the end of the onion cooking. When both are done I leave the heat on and add the drained black beans (I think they are two points for a can and the onion is only one point). I do the egg in another pan or I spray a little cooking spray in a bowl and put it in the micro and it is done in a snap plus you don't have an extra pan to clean. I like a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, a dash of kosher salt and a little dried oregano in my eggs! It is all about the flavor! I usually only use half of the black bean/onion mix over my eggs and put the rest in the fridge for the next day.

This is easy to put in a little container and heat up at work. Black beans are loaded with iron and fiber and between them and the egg beaters you have lots of protein to stay full. Onions and peppers count as veggies! If I am feeling decadent I like to crumble a morning star farms veggie sausage pattie into the scrambled eggs. I like them better than regular sausage.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i eat an egg white wrap (whole wheat) w/ jalapenos, onion and turkey sausage.  it's delish and really filling!  sometimes i don't eat the turkey sausage if i myself am feeling like a sausage :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"