Indiana Babies
Options

poll for moms

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day?

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH?

-When did you start solids?

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha)

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!!

Re: poll for moms

• Options
    imagelemen99:

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day? As much as we can, but it's hard sometimes because he spends so much time eating and gets tired easily.  But I'd say maybe 30 minutes on a good day.  I really should do more.  He loves it but doesn't tolerate it if he's tired or hungry, which is a lot of the time.

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH?  So far we've done it 3 times - so about once a month.  Our nanny is babysitting tomorrow night and we're going on a date.  Woot woot.

-When did you start solids?  Dunno!  I've heard some preemies go on actual age and some on adjusted, but I think our pedi is having us wait a couple-ish more months.  I don't think he is ready yet, but I'm excited to start when he is ready  :-)

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha) He is! yay!  generally between 7.5 and 9 hours. It's the one thing he does really, really well.

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!!  He's been rolling for a week and he's smiling a lot more and a lot bigger.  It makes us happy.   There's not much else new right now.

• Options

1.  We're terrible about giving him tummy time.  Nothing consistent.  Doh!

2.  Once a month maybe.  We're giving him up Friday night and Saturday night this weekend!

3. We started cereal about three weeks ago.

4.  Still not sleeping through the night.  :/

5.  He rolled from back to belly yesterday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day?  I did as much as he would allow

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH? we do at least once a week but both sets of grandparents live within 10 min.

-When did you start solids? rice cereal at 6 months...and followed with fruit and veggies shortly after.

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha) Barrett did right when he hit 2 months...and I swear sleeps 13 hours every night.  We just got lucky is all I can say!  But, I did read this book (I  forget the title, but  I can find out) when he was 6 weeks and it was a life saver.  I think it was like "Healthy sleep habits for a happy baby???"  I think rountine also helps.  He goes to bed everynight at 8 and gets up at 9 the next morning.  He then takes a nap from 1-3 in the afternoon.  Now, some nights when we are busy he will be a grump if he is up past 8.

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!!  crawling and clapping about everything!!  so cute!
  • Options

I'd have her do it until she got super pissed, about 5-10 min to start, a few times a day early on.

We've paid a babysitter twice but we've had grandma's come stay a few times too.  As much I as need my me time, I'm just not all that comfortable with leaving her, plus that whole breast feeding thing... I used up my last frozen milk last weekend and I've been bad and not pumping  so it's gonna take me a bit to get some stashed.

L was about 2 mos.  We figured out she was waking to break the swaddle so we stopped and she STTN.  Now she's between 8-11 hrs/night.

L is clapping and waving pretty consistently.  She's working on crawling, she has forward motion but not a full fledged crawl. 

ETA:  Foods were started just past 4 mos, but she was ~very~ into what we were doing while eating.   

• Options

1.  Whenever she sleeps, she won't sleep on her back anymore.  Before she could roll over though, I didn't worry about it too much since I wore her everywhere.  We did find out she liked being on her tummy best on her changing pad though, so once we found that out, we'd put her on her tummy after every diaper change.

2.  Never.  The only times we've gotten out by ourselves are when our parents have visited or we've visited them.  Every Friday night now though, we take her to the gym with us.  Josh and I go swimming and she goes to Kid's Club then we all go out to eat together.

3.  5.5 months.

4.  Ummm, 7.5, 8 months.

5.  She properly crawls now, on her hands and knees.  And she thinks it's hysterical to be sitting up, then just fall backwards.  She laughes like it's the best trick ever.  (Luckily she's only done it on soft surfaces)

• Options
    imagehoosiersCW:

But, I did read this book (I  forget the title, but  I can find out) when he was 6 weeks and it was a life saver.  I think it was like "Healthy sleep habits for a happy baby???"  I think rountine also helps.  He goes to bed everynight at 8 and gets up at 9 the next morning.  He then takes a nap from 1-3 in the afternoon.  Now, some nights when we are busy he will be a grump if he is up past 8.

we read that too! "healthy sleep habits for a happy child" I think it is?

• Options
    yes!  thats exactly it!!
  • Options

1. We give them about 15-30min/day. However, Jalen does not last long on tummy. He is consistently rolling over. Landon has started rolling over, but not as much as Landon. I think he enjoys the time on belly than his brother.

2. My mom has watched the boys a few times so DH and I can go out. She has also watched them so I can run some errands if Jeremy has to work.

3. Jeremy and I were just talking about this today. He said he started Jordan at 3 mos, we dont know about the boys. Jeremy did say when they start on solids, they STTN a lot more.

4. They both have been rolling over. It's crazy that they have done this so early. With their adjusted age they wont be a day old until tomorrow.

• Options
    imageBride7-14-07:

4. They both have been rolling over. It's crazy that they have done this so early. With their adjusted age they wont be a day old until tomorrow.

that's sooo great to hear them doing so well! :-)

• Options

-Elliott didn't like it much, but as soon as he could lift his head up a little I tried to put him on his tummy 2 or 3 times a day for as long as he could stand it (which wasn't long!)

-About once a month - maybe more.

-We started cereal at 4.5 months and baby food (fruits and veggies) at 5.5 months.

-He was sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at 8 weeks (I know, I'm VERY lucky), so I would say by 3 months he was STTN consistently.

-Latest trick/milestone is that he is constantly repeating everything we say.  His vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds - and it's adorable.  He can count to 5 now!

Sara ;)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Well, now there's no "tummy time" since he rolls and scoots everywhere.  So for floor time, he's pretty much on the floor unless he's sleeping, eating, jumping in his jumper (which is no more than 15 min/day), or sitting in his high chair while DH and I eat.  Before he could roll, though, it was a huge struggle to get him to do even 30 minutes (not in succession).  He HATED being on his tummy...he'd start fussing, then not long later bury his face in the floor and wail.  Not productive. 

We haven't yet.  Since we both work full-time, we want to spend our non-work time with Ben.

About 5.5 months.  And we stayed with oat cereal (he hated rice) for about two weeks, before progressing to green beans, then all the other baby food veggies, then all of the fruits.  He just started yogurt this weekend.  We only introduced one new food a week.  Good news is no allergies and he hasn't rejected anything yet (except rice cereal).

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha)

Oh, about four months or so. 

His half inchworm/half crawl.  It's hysterical!

• Options

1.  Not sure...he'll go on his belly but gets so frustrated.  Sometimes he looks like he wants to crawl but can't get his butt up.  He loves to roll to where he needs to go  ;)

2.  I admit we've never had a babysitter watch him for date night for us.  All of our parents, relatives, etc live out-of-town.  When my mom was here to help out when I had a two-week work orientation, she watched Evan while Nate and I had a date afternoon...lunch and movies.

3. We started solids around 4 1/2 months old...

4.  Consistently?  Well, he'll do it for a week or two, then regress back to getting up during the night.  Right now, he's on an 11-hour stretch during the night...and it's been great!  He started sleeping longer around 4 months old...

5.  Evan's 1st tooth broke through last week...and now the 2nd one is on its way out  :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options

I'm not sure how much she gets at daycare now, but she is starting to enjoy it more, so I give her as much as she wants - usually 15-20min. total during the evening.

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH? only a handful of times so far if we're going someplace inappropriate for babies (eg an indoor concert). She has gone out to dinner with us and even to an outdoor concert (sat on the lawn) and a baseball game.

-When did you start solids? N/A

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha) on and off around 2 months, but consistently about 3 weeks ago

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!! she rolled over for the first time last week - must be in the water on this board! and today i noticed her pounding her fists on the Bumbo tray when she got frustrated :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

not enough.  she hated it and i felt bad making her lay like that!!

never.  i think it's been like 3 or 4 times total.

4 months exactly.  cereal and then a week later with vegetables.

8 weeks.  sttn until 3 months, started again at 4 months until a week shy of 9 months and we are still waiting for it to return.  we are a week and a half from a year!

3 steps this morning.  she's getting so big!!!

• Options

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day? I don't count.  Some days none, some days 10+ minutes?

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH? Um... never?  I dropped Joseph w/ our doula when my friend lost her baby at 21w, but that's the only time he's been with a sitter.

-When did you start solids? N/A, but I plan to delay until he can use a pincer grasp unless he is very interested before.  My current thought is to skip purees all together - we'll see though, it really depends on Joseph.

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha) Bwahahahaha!

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!! Does screeching count?  If not, he can grasp toys in his hands and deliver them to his mouth for testing.
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options

Right now at almost 6 months, we probably give about 20 minutes 3 times a day.  We spread out a blanket so she can roll around.  It's not really just tummy time now that she rolls all over!  I do practice sitting with her a few times a day too and she can tripod for a few seconds.

We've gone out about 3-4 times since DD was born.  Only our moms have watched her so far.  We don't really need an outside babysitter as they are always fighting for her!

We started with rice cereal at about 5 months.  We tried that for a couple weeks and she didn't like it much.  We have now tried bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and applesauce for three days each.  We started her earlier than 6 months because she was VERY interested in our eating.

8+ hours at about 6.5 weeks.  Lately she has been going backwards and not sleeping well after about 3am.  She goes to bed around 8:30.  We have got to do something about that...reading a sleep book by the end of the week =)

Laughing at herself quite loudly!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Tummy Time
    At least 20-30 minutes while I'm home... DH tries to do "some" throughout the day... I'd guess at least 30-60 minutes between the two of us.

Babysitter
    Once so far, for a wedding. We have lots of people offering to babysit, but we've never been the type of people to "go out" a lot. And the places that we typically ate out pre-baby are all pretty baby-friendly type of places. We only have a couple of really special places we go to eat out, and we save those for really special occasions!

Solids
    Not yet. Probably around 6 months. I know that lots of people start around 4 months, but I think I'd like to keep her EBF until 6 months if I can.

STTN
    I think she would have STTN her first night, but our pedi told her to wake her every three hours until she hit 10 pounds (which happened at two weeks). Then she slept from 8:30 until 4:30 (8 hours), and the exact same day that I went to work (8 weeks), she started sleeping from 8:30 until 6:30 (10 hours). Yeah, I know, we're pretty much the luckiest people ever.

Latest Trick
    She's getting so close to laughing! She smiles and opens really wide, and sometimes a little noise will come out, but she's not entirely sure what's going on. I can tell that she's trying to laugh!!

• Options

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day?  I think we tried for 15 minutes twice a day when she was younger.   She's never minded tummy time, and now she loves being on her tummy and trying so hard to crawl.

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH?  Maybe 1-2x per month - and she's only with my parents or the ILs.   But when she stays at her grandparents, she is usually there overnight because we don't live close to either set of grandparents.

-When did you start solids?   Started at 6 months and she hated it.  Like she screamed when she saw the spoon.   She caught on a couple weeks later.   Now, at 9 months, she will take some baby foods but she'd much rather feed herself and does well with table food.

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha)  From 4-6 months, she'd get up once a night, around 3am, to eat.  At 6 months, we tried a modifed CIO to get her to fall sleep on her own, and she dropped the night feeding then too.  So after 6 months, she's slept 10-12 hours at night

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!!   She was imitating us yesterday - she'll say "Uh-oh" and "blah blah blah" (not in context or anything).   She is getting so close to crawling - she rocks on all fours really hard and scoots backwards and in circles.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelemen99:

-How much tummy time do you give your baby every day? As much as she would let me...usually no more than 5 minutes but we tried it several times a day

-How often do you get a babysitter and get out with just you and DH? Once a week or at least every two weeks.  We don't spend long evenings out...just dinner or a movie or something.

-When did you start solids? 6 months

-When did your LO start STTN consistently (like 8+ hours, I don't think 5 hours counts. haha) 2 weeks before I went back to work so 2 1/2 months.  I think it was my "mommy is freaking out about leaving me so I will do something nice for her" present :)

-Tell us your baby's latest trick/milestone!! Wow...she is doing lots right now.  She pulls herself up and is sort of cruising, she repeats so many things, roars like a lion and now make money noises.  She's at a fun age right now!!! Oh - and her 2nd tooth finally came through this weekend!

• Options

Tummy time - We gave Haley as much tummy time as she could tolerate.  She really hated it for a while, but we started using the boppy and she liked that a lot better.  She was propped up enough that she could see what was going on and that made it better.

Babysitter - All the time now.  We didn't get our first date night out until she was almost 6 months old.  Then we had football season tickets, so she was with DH's mom most Saturdays (only a couple times did we have to get a sitter).  Now that she's older, we'll leave her with a sitter one or two Saturdays a month for DH and I to have a date night.

Solids - Started those at about 4 months.  She had terrible reflux and her pedi thought that having more solids would help.  We started with rice cereal, then quickly moved on to veggies.  She loved them and it did help with the reflux some.

STTN - She was STTN by 10 weeks when I went back to work.  She started out sleeping 3-4 hour stretches, then extended those when we started the bedtime routine.  At 10 weeks when I went back to work, she was sleeping from about 8:30 or 9 until 7.  It was heavenly.  She's always been a pretty good sleeper and even now sleeps 10-11 hours a night.

Latest Trick/Milestone - She's starting to form short sentences and you can tell she wants to say more, but she doesn't quite know the words.  She's pointing to things when she wants them and can understand most questions you ask her.  She's growing up so fast!

• Options

1.  We did probably 5-10 minutes when she was little-little, before she was rolling over on her own and stuff.

2.  My mom babysits for us usually one night each weekend.  This didn't start until Ellie was 5 or 6 months old though.  Around 8 or 9 months, my mom started watching Ellie overnight at her house.  That is HEAVEN!!!

3.  6 months.

4.  Around 16 weeks, I think. 

5.  Well, besides walking, which is huge, she's just becoming more of a person lately.  It's awesome.  She has such a cute personality.  She is so dramatic about everything.  She also loves attention!  Oh and she is making out with boys (and girls) left and right.  We were around a lot of little kids this weekend and she coulnd't keep her hands or mouth to herself!  lol.

• Options

hours now, he loves being on his belly 

not yet, but hopefully soon 

not yet, DH wants to start now, but I don't 

longest stretch is 6-7 hours.  It's a very touchy subject with me.  I feel like everyone's baby sleeps better and I am doing something wrong. 

Rolling from back to belly constantly!

• Options

We were also horrible about doing tummy time. She hated it so much! But I eventually got to where I would just let her cry until she figured out how to roll over or push herself up. We also got a playmat from ebay that she started to really like, so that made tummy time easier....everything I tried before that mat just made her cranky.

Never. Honestly. We have never had a babysitter. She goes everywhere with us; Monster Truck shows, MMA fights, baseball games, Demo Derby...we have taken her everywhere with us. I would like to go out without her sometime, but when DH cut her umbilical cord, it activated a wireless one, and I can't get more than 20 feet from her without her screaming her head off.

I started cereal at about 4 months, and baby foods at 5.5 months. She had 2 teeth by 5 months, and my doc said when she started getting teeth I could start solids.

She will only STTN with me in our bed. If I put her in her crib, she's restless and wakes up every 15-20 minutes. DH works 3rd shift, so its easy for me to take her to bed with me anyway. For a couple months I had her in her bed alone, but since her inpatient stay in the hospital, she hates to be alone at night. Even with the baby crack machine running. Boo!

We're working on walking, but she's not brave enough to let go of more than one finger. She has 10 teeth, and she's cutting her last 2 molars. We were at a cousin's baby shower, and she was trying to get my attention while I was helping with the gifts. She plainly screamed across the room to me, "Momma, I love you!" There were about 25 people in the room and they all fell silent. Everyone heard it. It melted my heart. She's been very vocal and can say all kinds of things. The funniest is when she yells at Porkchop to sit before she gives him some of her food.

• Options

She loved being on her tummy. It was about 10 mins quite a few times a day.

About twice a month. We let our parents watch Gracie.

Around seven months.

Around six months she was STTN.

Well Gracie just had her 1st bday party on Saturday. And she will be turning one this Sunday. She just started sayin "ball"and can put her hands up when we say touch down. :)

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"