Nurseries and Baby Gear

Paint color?

We're doing our nursery neutral since we're not finding out the sex. Originally I wanted white furniture, but we ended up with espresso instead (because it was too pretty). Now the yellow paint I was thinking seems like it's going not go well with the dark wood.

So, this is our bedding:

And this is our furniture:

And we have honey oak floors, and this glider in sage green instead of red.

Paint color thoughts? I'd like for the room to look modern (obviously with the furniture).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Paint color?

• We got the same furniture! I went in the store with my heart set on the Newport, but they had such a great deal on the Contempo that we couldn't pass it up!

We are doing 4" white beadboard around the bottom of the walls, and a pale pink on top. I want the rest of the room to be pretty light, considering the furniture is so dark. I think any light color would look great though--green, yellow, even a pale orange.

ETA: I meant 4 feet, not 4 inches. lol

border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • I am also team green and I am painting a light blue/green color. ?Benjamin Moore Robin's Nest. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • LOVE that furniture and bedding :)

I would personally do the aqua color, but maybe a shade or two lighter. You could also do the green (lighter) or cream. 

• i would do a really light green or light orange.  i feel like light blue would be too feminine (i dont know why-since that is traditionally a "boy" color)!

• I really like the idea of a lite orange/green/blue. I haven't really seen any lite orange, so it would be unique. With a sage glider, you probably wouldn't want all lite orange walls though, maybe just one accent wall that the glider doesn't sit against. 
  • I think a pale orange would look great with the bedding and furniture.
  • There is a paint color that I've always had a room in each of my houses painted because I love it that much! When we found out we were pregnant, I decided I would use that room for the baby's room ? regardless of whether it's a boy or girl.

Based on your photos, it looks like it would work for you, too. And, the dark wood and sage chair would look great. It's a very pale blue, but it's magical! I love it. It's by Sherwin-Williams and it's called "Mountain Air". I'm too cheap to pay for SW paint, so I go and have the swatch color-matched at Home Depot.

This photo doesn't really do it justice (looks kind of greyish here), you should go look at the swatch, but once it's on the walls, it's amazing.  This is when we were working on the room. We added wainscoting, too.

Hey, I can't insert a photo, how do I do this? Argh...

• Restoration Hardware has the perfect color for your bedding...

It's called silver sage.  It would be beautiful!  You have to see it in person because online it doesnt show up as the right color... It's simply gorgeous and just the right shade to compliment your set.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"