Breastfeeding

3 weeks - how often?

HOw often is your 3 week old feeding?  My daugher is eating every hour and a half to two hours but I feel like she seems hungry in between.  she has been a little fussy between feedings.  Whats the best way to know she s getting enough milk? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 weeks - how often?

• adri77adri77 member
    Totally normal!  Lots of babies have growth spurts at 3 weeks, and they want to eat all.of.the.time.  And if she seems hungry in between, it maybe that she wants to comfort suck.  The best way to tell if she's getting enough milk is by her diaper output- what goes in must come out.  She should be having about 6 wet diapers a day, and some babies poop after every feed.  GL!
  • THANKS!  my mom had me a little concerned that she was not getting enough milk because she was nursing so often.  this makes me feel better
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like this must be normal because my three week old son is the same way!!
  • My DS was eating almost every hour for a few days just before 3 weeks.  Like PPs suggested, it's just a growth spurt.  This is how they increase your supply. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"