High-Risk Pregnancy

so annoyed! dr vent

i am so annoyed!  failed the 3 hr test on wednesday last week, thursday my ob called and said they were referring me to an endocrinologist..  well they called me thursday (i was shocked it was that fast!) well turns out they don't take my insurance... well they do but it's considered out of network.  so i called my ob and told them they needed to refer me to someone IN network so that it will not cost me as much.  well finally get my records sent on friday to someone who takes my insurance and i still haven't heard from them! i actually called yesterday afternoon and left a message with the appointment nurse about trying to set up my appointment.

i know its not the end of the world but i am seriously annoyed!  if i had gone to the endo that was out of network i would have been seen by them YESTERDAY!  ugh!! i just want to get this over with so i can start managing GD already.  i'm trying to eat good but its hard and would be better if i had more direction from the doctor ya know?

i really hate to be a pest but i don't have all day to sit around and wait for them to call me, so i guess i'll be calling them AGAIN after i get back from lunch.... i'm trying to be patient but i'm about over this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so annoyed! dr vent

• I feel your pain! ?It took me about 25 phone calls and a several messages to get someone on the phone from my high risk ob's office the very first time. ?I guess that should've been my warning, but apparently this guy is the best around. Ugh.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know how annoying that is too.  At first my OB recommended me to the hospital where I will deliver to take a "Diabetes Education" class where I would learn about the GD and get my meter, etc.  When I asked about the cost and looked into my insurance - my insurance said they wouldn't cover it and the cost of the class was $500!  I freaked out and was upset because not only did I have to deal with the fact I was just diagnosed with GD but also that it was going to cost me a crazy amount of money.  I was able to talk to my OB office to see a "high-risk" doctor which was covered under insurance instead of the class - but I too had to wait almost 2 weeks after my diagnosis before I was able to be seen by the perinatologist.

I think it is really crappy how insurance works and how they won't cover a lot of stuff.  This is part of my prenatal care and part of my pregnancy - I don't understand why they won't cover whatever is necessary to make the pregnancy healthy, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"