Baby Names

Anyone ever hear of...

Wilson being used as a girls (middle) name? My grandmother's MN is Wilson and I've never heard that before. I think it's different, but kind of neat. Does it seem too weird?? Def. not too common...

Re: Anyone ever hear of...

• I haven't heard that, but I know a little girl named Wesley.
  • No, Wilson was actually her middle name. Her maiden name is Snyder. 
  • Loading the player...
  • dpdwdpdw member

imagemincemo:
    No, Wilson was actually her middle name. Her maiden name is Snyder. 

Was it her mom's maiden name?  It's common in my family to give the mom's maiden name as the first born child's middle name.

• erinmserinms member
    I wouldn't consider it a girls name, per se. ?But as with all family names it wouldn't be a crazy thing to use as a middle name. ?I think it would not be a cute first name for a girl. ?
  • imagedpdw:

imagemincemo:
    No, Wilson was actually her middle name. Her maiden name is Snyder. 

Was it her mom's maiden name?  It's common in my family to give the mom's maiden name as the first born child's middle name.

This - I'm sure this was either her mother's or grandmother's maiden name.  If not, then a family name in another capacity.

I don't find this bizarre at all, it's been the practice in my family for generations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ctanactana member
    I think it's different and since you are using it as a MN, it's fine - it's a family name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageara4488:
    I'm sure this was either her mother's or grandmother's maiden name.  If not, then a family name in another capacity.

I don't find this bizarre at all, it's been the practice in my family for generations.

What she said.

• Sorry, but Wilson is not feminine.
  • I like a lot of unisex names, but not Wilson!
  • I haven't. It could grow on me though
    10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • No and I do not care for Wilson as a girl's first name. A middle name- fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"