Baby Names

Any opinion on the name Liam

I really like the name Liam for a boy. Any thoughts.  And how do you get the husband to agree? because currently we cannot agree on any names at all. 

Re: Any opinion on the name Liam

• good luck! I can't get DH to agree to anything either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For some reason I know lots and lots of little Liams.  (Some parents care about how popular a name is, some don't, just thought I'd weigh in.)

Also, with the dh thing, I've found that if I suggest a name he doesn't like, I wait about a month without talking about it and then ask him again.  With a couple of names, he's liked them better hearing them the 2nd or 3rd time around b/c he's more familiar with it.  (in my experience, lots of guys immediately object to unfamiliar names.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Liam!  It is a good choice.
  • I like it a lot, but there are a million little Liam's in my neck of the woods. That doesn't matter to everyone, but there you go.

As for getting DH to agree...I have no idea. My top ten names were all blackballed by him. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually love the name Liam. It is high on my list of boy names. I only know one Liam and I went to college with him.

• I like Liam as a nickname for William. That way there is the option of William, Will, or Liam.
  • I love the name Liam, but hate the fact that it has become so popular.
  • It's a very Irish name to me...anyone I know with this name is Irish but it has definitely become a "mainstream" name
  • I don't care for Liam (especially not as a stand alone name). It is becoming trendy/popular. I see is as the Bill for this generation. I much prefer Will as a nickname for William.?
  • Leap08Leap08 member

imageEmmaRain:
    I like Liam as a nickname for William. That way there is the option of William, Will, or Liam.

Me too! It's one of our top contenders.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I like it, but it seems to be getting pretty popular.
  • DH and I both love "liam", but it is getting SO popular.
    10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • LOVE it. Plan to use it. I'm using it as a nn for William. Does he like William?
  • I like William, because it is my husband's middle name, but he doesn't like it. He doesn't want anyone calling our son Bill.  I chose Liam as an alternative for it, and I am Irish and like it.   I didn't realize it is getting so popular, because I don't know anyone with the name.  Interesting to hear that so many people have been hearing this name so much. Figures
  • imagePK2:
    It's a very Irish name to me...anyone I know with this name is Irish but it has definitely become a "mainstream" name

Part of the reason I like it is because I am Irish.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"