Preemies
Options

Watching "Little Couple"

I heard she was a neonatologist, but I didn't expect they would show much of what she does for a living.  I haven't even seen the part in her NICU but the clip before the commercial she said she's watching 64 babies in the level III NICU and another 54 in the level II NICU!  OMG!  How big is her NICU??? 

I'm scared to watch the rest and see so many sick babies.  And I'm shocked that she and her hospital would let them have a camera crew in the NICU.

Re: Watching "Little Couple"

• Options
    Holy moses!  I thought Holy Cross was big with 48 beds. 
  • Options

I don't think I could watch.

That J&K+8 epi where they visited the NICU? I saw it right after Robbie came home from the hospital and I LOST IT. My husband came in and found me sobbing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE that show!!  I figure the families have to give permission to be filmed.  I don't know how many beds our NICU had.  Not as many as Jen has, that's for sure!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Options
    She is simply amazing!?
  • Options

image*KatieH*:
    She is simply amazing!

I agree!  She, and anyone who can work in a NICU of any level is a saint and beautiful person.  I could never get up every day and go to a job like that, my heart would break every day.

• Options

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!! Jen is my hero. She is such an amazing, selfless, brilliant, beautiful person.

I've seen a few episodes where they showed her at the bedside, and amazingly, I was okay with it. They don't show the sickest babies (or at least they haven't yet), and they seem to only show babies that are about to be moved to the step down unit - so they are relatively big, stable, and freaking adorable.

• Options
    Yep, she's the medical director or something for Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. BIG nice hospital, I mean, I am surprised at the size of the NICU that you said but if anyone has a huge NICU, they would!
  • Options
    The NICU at Texas Children's is very large.  It is a huge hospital.  I am also shocked that they would let cameras in. 
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    My NICU two 60 bed areas, so 120 beds and a 10 bed overflow room. The best in So Cal! Not that I could imagine managing it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"