North Carolina Babies

Quick:Britax Marathon or Roundabout

I want to jump on a deal. I can can the Roundabout for $152 or the Marathon for $179.00. My main issue is the Marathon goes up to 65lbs and Jocelyn is a bigger baby, and I want this car seat to last. The roundabout only goes to 40lbs. I am trying to think for the long run and get the most use. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Quick:Britax Marathon or Roundabout

• We have the Marathon and love it. DH figured that the $30 price diff was better than the price of another seat.
  • IMO you should see how she fits in the seats. Some babies don't fit comfortably in certain seats.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have either but I will say grady is 35 lbs at 2.5 so I'd go with the one that goes up to 60 lbs.
  • Only bad thing about a Marathon is how much bigger it is and it may be hard to fit rear facing in your vehicle.  It just depends on how you feel about keeping her rear facing.  It's possibly a long time before her hitting 2 or outgrowing the rearfacing weight limit for it to be a tight fit.  We have a Boulevard in our Pacifica and it's a tight fit for the passenger side (the seat has to be way up).  But it won't be as bad when we turn her FF. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Thanks ladies. My gut it telling me to go with the Marathon. If it doesn't work out I can always send it back. I am hoping to upgrade to an SUV or Mini Van sometime soon, so the fit should be OK.
  • I would go ahead and get the bigger seat as long as you think it will fit ok in your car.  I don't have either so I can't say, but I would want the higher weight limit if I could.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used to have our Marathon in the back of a Civic rear facing. We put it in the middle. DH and I aren't very tall but we didn't have to have the seats all the way up. We now have a minivan and have no problem with the Marathon RFing.
  • I have a small car (a Civic) and I did not think the Marathon would fit in it well (DH is tall), so we got the Roundabout. My DD has always been on the petite side, so I was not worried about the weight/height limit. And I think she will hit the height limit before she hits the weight limit anyway. Good luck, that is an awesome deal!
  • We have the Marathon and it fits easily in our Madza 3 sedan rear facing.  We do have it in the middle - I suspect that if we put it on the side, we'd have to run the seat up, but no more than we did with the Snugride.

We went with the Marathon because DS is likely to hit 40 lbs before we're ready to move him into a booster seat.  The height limit on the Marathon is also higher than the Roundabout, though I don't remember the specific numbers.

GL with your decision!  For $30, I'd go with the bigger seat!

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After talking with my sister, her son was about Jocelyn's size and her daughter a little smaller, and she got the Marathon for both kids, her son is 6 1/2 and still in it. I ended up getting this one!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"