D.C. Area Babies

Does our crib need a mattress pad?

or is this another marketing ploy? ;)

Re: Does our crib need a mattress pad?

• I put a waterproof one on the mattress.  This way I know we aren't going to end up with stains on the mattress, especially since it needs to last through toddlerhood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNowDNAtoo:
    I put a waterproof one on the mattress.  This way I know we aren't going to end up with stains on the mattress, especially since it needs to last through toddlerhood.

we're definitely doing this (in fact, the pad is already on our mattress). i've heard way to many horror stories about diaper blowouts, puking, etc. to trust a thin little sheet to protect our $200 mattress. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I bought 2 ultimate sheets that I have on top of the regular sheet. They are much easier to change than the regular sheets.
  • imageNowDNAtoo:
    I put a waterproof one on the mattress.  This way I know we aren't going to end up with stains on the mattress, especially since it needs to last through toddlerhood.

Ditto.   I have mattress pads on all of our beds, so it never occured to me to not buy one for the crib mattress.

• We used it religiously when DS was a newborn.  He had lots of leaking and blowout problems.  We also used it in the winter, because the mattress gets a little cold, so it provided a barrier between the mattress and the sheet.

We haven't been using it now that it is warmer.  DS doesn't really have leaking problems anymore.

• Our mattress's ticking is more of a plastic/vinyl material, which I didn't realize when I picked it out.  We do have a mattress pad but it seems unnecessary--if we were to have a diaper blow-out or something, I could easily wipe down the mattress, but the pad and sheet would both need to be washed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"