Nurseries and Baby Gear

Tree Decal w/ Chair Rail?

Would you do this?  Do you think it would be too much?  A nursery (in progress) pic is below.

With our bedding we suddenly thought a tree decal would look rather nice there in the corner or behind the crib, but we have a chair rail...  I don't want to invest in the decal only to decide it's too busy.  Anyone want to photoshop me an idea?  I'm at work and don't have PS here - boo.

We're thinking of something simple like this for the decal:

Re: Tree Decal w/ Chair Rail?

• i'd love to know opinions too because i'm thinking of the exact same thing for our nursery!
  • I'm painting a tree mural in white similar to what you've shown.  If it's a large decal I don't think that it will work with a chairrail...visually, it will split the mural in half.  However, you could possibly put it like it's growing out of the crib right above the chairrail?  I could photoshop you if you give us a straight on photo.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually don't think it would be too busy...I would do it so that the chair rail DOES cut it in half....so it looks like it's behind the rail....IMHO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How about one of the little branches that would be above the chair rail?
  • How about a branch coming from a corner? https://dalidecals.com/?cat=17 I don't know about a tree with the chair rail going thru it..
  • I do think it would be a bit weird cutting the tree with the chair rail but...have you thought about looking into the branch decals? There are some awesome ones out there that are sort of cherry blossom style that could work really well. It could come all of the way from the corner of the room and sort of flow above the crib. Maybe something like this but in a different color to match your bedding: https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_1&listing_id=26608938

Just an idea!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"