North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Spending time with DH Poll

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day?

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? Do you go to bed at the same time? 

What about on weekends? 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: NBR: Spending time with DH Poll

• Options

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? DH gets up at 5:30 am and I sleep until Caleb wakes up, usually between 6:30 and 7 as DH is leaving for work.  If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day?n/a

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? While DS is awake I'm usually playing with him and getting dinner together. We eat together - either on the coffee table or couch. After DS goes to bed we might watch a show together, or play on our laptops. Do you go to bed at the same time? Almost always, there have probably been less than a dozen times we've gone to bed separately since we've been married.

What about on weekends? We go to bed together and usually wake up together. We get breakfast on our own - almost never eat as a family. I work Saturdays, but on Sunday we have our religious meeting at 12pm and then spend the afternoon getting stuff done around the house, running errands or just hanging out.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

As a rule I generally get up first and go get Olivia.  During the week DH works so he gets up shortly after and gets ready for work.   On the weekends he usually gets up with Olivia one morning and I do the other, although often times we both just get up with her.  We give her her milk and let her run around for about 1/2 an hour. Then we all go downstairs and have breakfast.  I

In the evenings after dinner we all are ieither outside playing, or in the playroom while Olivia plays, has her milk, gets ready for bed.  After she goes to bed we work out together most nights and then watch tv together or if it's some chic show he'll go play xbox for a bit then come to bed and lay with me.  I fall asleep earlier, but he is in bed with me and just will watch tv. 

Weekends we try to spend together as a family. We swim, play, run errands together. In the evening we usually watch a movie or go out to eat. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We rarely get up together.  During the school year, he has to leave the house by 6:30 to get to school on time. I usually get up between 6-6:30.  On weekends, we rotate sleeping in (but since it's summer, I get to sleep in on weekends now).

While DS is up, we make dinner, eat as a family, go for a walk, play, give DS a bath together and then one of us puts DS to bed.  After that, we usually have some separate time where we check emails, blogs, etc.  Then we watch TV together.  We usually do not go to bed together.  I almost always go to bed before DH.  I guess I need more sleep than him.

Weekends we do a combo of doing our own thing and hanging out together.  We take turns with DS or we all hang out together.  It really just varies by the day and what our plans are.  Our primary goal is always for all of us to spend some time together though, so we will go to a park & out to Super Target as a family just about every weekend.

• Options

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day?  I'm up and out b/f dh gets out of bed.

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? Do you go to bed at the same time?  Most nights we eat together as a family. We believe in divide and conquer- I do  the dishes he does bath time. After grady goes to bed we usually watch tv together most of the time we go to bed at the same time but he likes to watch tv when we go to bed and I usually go to sleep.

What about on weekends?  We are pretty much together on weekends unless there is something special going on. We try to hang out as a family as much as possible.

• Options

DH is up and gone by 6, both of us are still sleeping.

DH doesn't get home until 6, and that's too late for Eli to eat dinner.  So I fix Eli his dinner, and we play until DH gets home.  After DH gets home we usually hang out together as a family, unless DH has something to work on in the garage.  I get Eli ready for bed while DH makes dinner, and then we eat after Eli goes to bed.  Then we either hang out and watch tv, check emails, etc., or sometimes DH goes back out to the garage and I get things done around the house.  We almost always go to bed at the same time.

Weekends all depend on what we have going on.  Sometimes we spend the entire weekend together, other times DH has work to do so Eli and I do our thing while DH works.  But even then he is at home, so we still get to see him some.  We still normally get up together and have breakfast together first, and then still have dinner together like we do during the week and go to bed together.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day? DH works 3rd shift so he is usually getting home when I get up.  He usually watches Connor and gets him ready for me while I'm getting ready.  If I need to be at work exceptionally early (like this week) he'll take Connor to daycare for me too.  No real quality time together in the mornings in my house.

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? Do you go to bed at the same time? DH is usually getting up around the time I get home or just finish making dinner.  We always sit down and eat dinner as a family.  After that we try to spend as much family time together before DH has to go to work.  On the evenings he is off we try and spend a little extra quality time together after Connor goes to bed.

What about on weekends?  It all depends on DH's work schedule.  He's not always off on the weekends and neither am I.  If we are both off we usually try to do something special as a family.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Options

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day? No, I sleep later. He gets up around 7am for work, I work from home in the mornings so I don't get up until 8:30 or 9.

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? Do you go to bed at the same time? We try to eat dinner together most nights if he is not working late. We will play with Ashley, take a walk, eat together.  Yes, we normally go to bed at the same time. We may watch TV together, but a lot of times we do not want to watch the same things, so we will watch TV in separate rooms.

What about on weekends? Lately we have been going to the beach a lot, but he will play golf and I will take Ashley to the beach with my mom and sister. On normal weekends, we may run errands together and go out to eat. In the summer, we like to do separate things (him-golf, me-pool or beach). We are not the type of couple that needs to be together 24/7 and enjoy doing things on our own as well as doing things together.
  • Options

(I'm pretty sure our morning routine will change when I get a job, but I'll answer how we do things now... )

Do you and DH get up together in the morning or does someone sleep later? If you do get up together, do you spend time together/have breakfast or just get ready for the day? I usually get up around 6:30 with Holly, feed her, then we both crawl back in bed with DH. He gets up around 7:30, and so do we. While DH is getting ready for work, I'll get her dressed, get her bottles ready for DC, then make breakfast (sometimes for both of us, usually just for me). They leave around 8:30. We usually do the same thing on days Holly stays home.

How do you spend your time together in the evening, before and after DC is in bed? Do you go to bed at the same time?  DH gets home around 5:30 (I usually already have Holly home, since I pick her up at 3). We hang out downstairs and eat dinner around 6. Afterwards, we'll all hang out downstairs and/or take Holly on a walk (sometimes just one of us will do this, but we often all go). I'll give her a bath at 7:30 while DH makes her a bottle, then one of us will feed her/put her to bed by 8 or so. After that, we usually do our own thing, (especially now, since no good TV is on). We go to bed together, usually around 10:30-11.

What about on weekends? we pretty much do the same as on a weekdays, except that DH usually gets up w/ Holly, and then we all try and sleep in a little longer (if Holly will go back to sleep). We might stay up a little later too, and usually have errands we run alone (while the other stays with Holly, or just does their own thing), but everything else is pretty much the same.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

We usually get up together in order to get ready on for work.  On Saturdays, I get up earlier with Natalie and on Sundays, he does.

Before DD goes to bed, DH is not home for very long.  We spend that time playing with DD.

After DD goes to bed, we eat dinner together either at the kitchen table or if we're hooked on a session of 24, we eat while watching it :) (I love Netflix).  After dinner, we hang out in the bonus room -- I'm usually watching TV or working on photo albums on-line, he's usually on the computer. 

We got to bed at the same time during the week.  (we usually read in bed together beforehand).  On weekends, he tends to stay up later than I do -- I just can't make it that late anymore!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"