D.C. Area Babies

Did anyone check out the Goddard School on Gaither Road?

I think we'll probably go the center route and will be doing a tour of Goddard and Bright Horizons in a few weeks.  We live in the Decoverly area of Rockville (by Shady Grove Hospital) so any other recs (or absolute do not use) in the area would be appreciated.

Also, are there any mom groups?  I'm not due until December and will return to work after my 12 weeks but woudl love to meet some other moms in the area.

Thanks so much.

BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby

Re: Did anyone check out the Goddard School on Gaither Road?

• My neighbor takes her 3 year old there and loves it. It is not cheap ($419/wk for infants).

I'm in the same general area, so we should compare notes on the childcare search!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I called them when I was looking at centers since my DH works in King Farm.  They were not exactly helpful over the phone.  I kept asking them the weekly rate and they would not give it to me.  I didn't really want to pursue a center that was out of our price range.  Anyway, they sent us some materials and we discovered that it was not really a place for us (the page on baby yoga made us laugh). 

Hopefully you'll have a better experience with them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the Discovering Motherhood group at Shady Grove Hosp.  We met for 4 consecutive weeks in a classroom at Great Beginnings store.  Most of our group has gone back to work, but we still try and get together once a month.  I really loved that group and especially appreciated Tibbie Turner, who was the nurse that lead our group.  There is also a group that does stuff in the Bethesda/Rockville area.  It is called Onsies.  Some ladies from my Shady Grove group did it and really enjoyed the activities.  They made some friends they still get together with, but Onesies isn't really an on-going mom/baby group.  https://www.onesiesdc.com/
  • I got information about it and checked out discussions online.  I was turned off by some of the feedback.  Our daycare situation turned around (new caregiver in DD 2 yr old room), so I am happy again.  We use Kindercare on Shadygrove ($400/week infant). 

I found the discussions about daycare on DC Urban Moms and Dads interesting. 

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/forums/show/35.page 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • B goes to Goddard (not in MD) - I'm pretty sure it's the same across the board though. There is no "weekly" rate - it's monthly especially since they only provide full-time infant care. It goes down as they move to the next rooms and I believe they can go part-time at 2.

I can't speak on your location but we like Goddard a lot (and yeah, not quite cheap).

imageimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"