Breastfeeding
Options

Should I dump?

I went to a concert on Saturday night (NKOTB!!) and got a little tipsy....okay, a lot tipsy!  I somehow managed to pump when I got home that night and haven't had the heart to throw it out yet.  It's probably not a good idea to give to the baby, right? I've heard of people saying the alcohol evaporates if you leave it out with the cap off for a bit?
~Amanda
Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Should I dump?

• Options
    kel716kel716 member

So jealous you got to go!!  I almost bought tickets.  My mom was in town or I so would have been there!

I'd dump it.  I'd rather be safe than sorry.  It's always painful when I lose BM.  I just think to  myself this is a fraction of what my baby will eat from me in the course of a year.  HTH!

• Options
    Something I do sometimes is freeze it and when you do plan to use it, WAYYYY dilute it with other thawed breastmilk so that you can still use it but the alcohol content will be much lower. You can get those breast milk test strips to make sure you've diluted it enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you were too tipsy to drive that night, i would dump it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"