Success after IF

Nair, shave, or wax for beach?

Hey there! I haven't been really good about grooming since I was pregnant - eeks! We are heading to the beach for a week and I don't want to worry about my bikini area - or legs.

Does Nair work? For how long? Is waxing better? What do you do?

TY

~Crista

PS Today is my last day of school (yahoo!)  - I look forward to more nesting with you soon!!!!  ;  )

Re: Nair, shave, or wax for beach?

• Nair works and it lasts for at least a week when I use it. 

Yay for the end of the school year and more time on the nest!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just started using theVenus "Embrace" and love love love it! It gives a really smooth shave.

Dx: PCOS, Anovulation, RPL
    Born via emergency c/s February 9, 2008 - 9lbs, 3 oz!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

TTC# 2 since February 2010 - BFP #1 Sept 2010-(5mg Femara, 1500mg Met, Ovridel) Missed M/C at 10w2d, discovered at 13w2d, D&C at 14w

BFP # 2 - February 2011-(1500mg Met, HCG Injection) Missed M/C at 10w1d, discovered at 10w3d, D&C at 11w...RPL testing came back all normal.

Trying again. June 2011 - Clomid/1500 mg Met / Baby Aspirin - BFFN!

July 2011 Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

August 2011 - Femara/1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - c/p

September 2011 - Puregon/ 1500mg Met/ Baby Aspirin - BFFN!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Stay away from the beach after using nair.

True story - a guy I knew a while back used to nair his back (eww) One day we all went to the beach - I am not sure if the salt water had a chemical reaction to the nair or what put the guy broke out in major red bumps and was super itchy on his back. He said that never happened to him before, so he attributed it to the salt or maybe the sand or combo of the 2.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Krissyh - it could have been sand fleas.

Never had that happen to me but I also rinse really well after using nair then cleanse the areas I naired with a gentle cleansing soap.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like "Magic".....I think it is in a gold can. It is just over $2 at Walmart, in the shaving section. It is a powder that you mix with water, African American men use it on their heads to get all bald and smooth!

It never irritates me like nair does and works great! I used it before our Jamaica trip!

• imageTakYelgif:

Krissyh - it could have been sand fleas.

Never had that happen to me but I also rinse really well after using nair then cleanse the areas I naired with a gentle cleansing soap.

No, not convinced of the sand fleas. We go to the beach ever weekend here and I have never ever saw a person with the reaction this guy got - just on his back. But maybe he didn't rinse well, who knows really. I just would hate to try it and have the outcome look as bad as his back on my crotch! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I'd wax the bikini area personally, but several days before you go.

Legs, I'd shave & I also like the Venus embrace. Waxing legs takes forever & hurts a lot. ??

• Another recommendation for the Venus Embrace here.  I have used Nair before on both legs and bikini, but it does not last any longer than shaving for me.  If it's really important for you to not worry about maintenance on your trip, waxing is definitely the way to go.  I have considered it for several different trips, but always chickened out!  :)
  • I LOVE nair. love it.

I've never had a reaction, I guess just do it a couple days prior, just in case.

thicker hair takes longer, mine comes off in a mere 3-4 minutes, I'm blond.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"